Muntons Tap Room Series

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Brewers

Has anyone tried the new one can kit Muntons Tap Room series as yet?

Quite a few marketing emails doing the rounds.

Attachments

• Muntons-homebrew.jpg
    Muntons-homebrew.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 6
Dubious about these. As we know any kit requiring added sugar is never going to be amazing, could use DME or LME instead but by the time you've bought 1kg of that at ~£7.5 then the total cost will be nearly £25, same price as a Festival or Youngs kit not needing any extras and usually with a decent sized sachet of hop pellets as well to dry hop. That said if someone does review one positively I might think about it.

Last edited:
That's the issue I see, the DR one can kits are a cut above but you have to buy the brew enhancer to achieve good results.

As mentioned up to £20 for just the one can, then you need a decent enhancer or DME/LME and you find yourself towards the Muntons Flagship range.

Let's see how they review, for all we know they could be top notch 🤷‍♂️

I purchased the one in a melon water melon sour. Its was 16.98 plus a kilo of muntons beer kit enhancer for 5.70. The can reccomended dextrose or light malt extract so I split the difference with enhancer.

The contents smelt good and as you'd expect of watermelon, with a sour taste.
I hope to keg/bottle this weekend.

The whole point of these is cans os they are limited so I guess they will carry a premium over normal one tin kits.

If you're making the radler then no extra fermentables required.
I got my can from the homebrew shop and their website stated which did or didn't need extra
Ive attached the instructions so you can see what they're like.

Attachments

• IMG_20220719_081633.jpg
    IMG_20220719_081633.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220719_081639.jpg
    IMG_20220719_081639.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 0
The instructions say that no further extract or sugar is required. If you are willing to review let me know which one you fancy and I will get one out to you.
https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/?s=Muntons+Tap+Room&search_id=1&post_type=product
It's physically impossible to brew 35 pints of 5% ABV beer from 1.5kg of extract. For the Radler it does say you don't need any extra sugar and if you just brewed the can alone you'd get around 2.5% (gnat's ****) with a high attenuating yeast so optimistic ABVs on these kits as ever, maybe with priming sugar as well it might get close to the 3% quoted. The others which quote an ABV around 5% so you would need at least another 1kg of fermentables to get anywhere near and the instructions do say that.

Like I say these might be good but by the time you add the extra malt the cost is nearly the same as premium kit.

If you're making the radler then no extra fermentables required.
I got my can from the homebrew shop and their website stated which did or didn't need extra
Ive attached the instructions so you can see what they're like.

Hi Matey

Thank you for the screenshot, looks like it's states to add 1KG of Muntons Spray Malt and some info on improving the yeast conditions

Graz is spot on, no way would you get the required ABV from a single kit without adding sugars.

Last edited:
I usually brew AG but I saw these advertised and on a whim bought the Radler kit as my Son in law only drinks low ABV stuff and I was fed up making Shandy with my beer that I had brewed. It’s just gone into bottles as I didn’t want to tie up a keg. The instructions state to bottle condition in a warm place for a couple of days then in a cool place under 15°c for 14 days I questioned this with Muntons and was assured that the instructions were correct and the residual yeast would carbonate at a lower temperature. Needless to say the warm place currently at 20°c plus is fine but finding somewhere in this heat wave under 15°c is almost impossible as my ferm fridges are both full. I’m not expecting too much from this one it’s only 2.5% ABV but I suppose if he drinks it it will leave more of the real stuff for me

Last edited:
I have tried one with just sugar and has turned out great. Also done one with LME. We had 2 kegs of the lazy days on our kegerator at our brewing event and lots were sold on the day after they tasted it. In my opinion, Lazy Daze, Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit, and the flagship range are hands down the best kits available.

Our opinion of Simply the zest was not so good.. Simply the not so good...

I made the Radler recently and I'm a bit disappointed. Having tried Radler "abroad" I was quite excited when I saw this. However this does not quite hit the mark.

Yes it's only 2% but that's what I expected and what the tin says. I was expecting a positive lemon hit, there's almost nothing, a vague hint. Having said that, when it's almost frozen it is quite refreshing, but I don't think I'll be getting another one.

Last edited:
Back