Music

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did I forget the Verve, Richard Ashcroft šŸ‘Œ
I did my A levels at the same college as Richard Ashcroft, a few years later on from him. My English teacher taught him, he said he wasnā€™t very interested in his course as he said was going to be a rock star. The teacher wasnā€™t convinced and wanted him to get in with his work. He told us with only the slightest hint of bitterness, ā€œproved me wrong didnā€™t heā€.

The stone roses yet another legendary band if you are old enough to appriciate their music.
I used to be a massive fan of the Stone Roses. I got into them a little late (I was only born in 84) but did catch them on the reunion tour in 2013 when I dragged my pregnant wife along and converted her. Her revenge was to take me to Gary Barlow(she didnā€™t convert me, and I still think he makes middle of the road pop songs for housewives, but I must admit he did put on a good show).

The fact that Ian Brown has turned into a tinfoil hat wearing Covidiot has taken some of the shine off them for me though.

I don't mind blur. Massive oasis fan, seen them a load of times. The best being slane castle. Backed up by Kasabian and the Prodigy
Unreal
Blur was my first proper concert on the Great Escape tour, came around to Oasis a bit later. Saw them at Glastonbury in 2004 and then Heaton Park in 2009 (Iā€™ve only recently been able to drink cider again after that last one.)

I took the young boy to green Day for his birthday. He was only 13 or 14, I was actually really surprised how good they were. Their lead singer is very talented, he did a mini acoustic set on his own at the end.
Billie Joe Armstrongā€™s lockdown covers album is very good - a nice mix of well known and more obscure stuff, and he makes it all his own.

My all time favourite artist is Ben Folds, and my other big favourites are King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, The Living End, AJJ, Frank Turner, Real McKenzies, Barenaked Ladies, Supersuckers, AC/DC, Kiss, The Roots, Michael Franti, Run DMC, Justin Townes Earle, Rancid, Bad Religion, Descendents, Jason Isbell, Sarah Shook, Ben Lee, The Ramones The Foo Fighters and Johnny Cash.
Nice to see someone else who likes King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard they popped up on a Spotify auto play list for me a while back and have enjoyed them ever since.

Nice to see someone else who likes King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard they popped up on a Spotify auto play list for me a while back and have enjoyed them ever since.
They are the best band in the planet at the moment. Nonagon Infinity is my favourite album of the 2010s by a mile. They were the last band I saw live before lockdown as well and they were phenomenal.

They are the best band in the planet at the moment. Nonagon Infinity is my favourite album of the 2010s by a mile. They were the last band I saw live before lockdown as well and they were phenomenal.
I miss live music, heck I miss listening to the random local bands Iā€™ve never heard of that play at my local pub recorded music just canā€™t compare.

I used to be a massive fan of the Stone Roses. I got into them a little late (I was only born in 84) but did catch them on the reunion tour in 2013 when I dragged my pregnant wife along and converted her. Her revenge was to take me to Gary Barlow(she didnā€™t convert me, and I still think he makes middle of the road pop songs for housewives, but I must admit he did put on a good show).

The fact that Ian Brown has turned into a tinfoil hat wearing Covidiot has taken some of the shine off them for me though.
I had tickets for Ian brown but it got cancelled during lockdown. He definitely didn't do himself any favours with all the conspiracy stuff

Been a folky since I was a kid. First band I ever went to see was the Seekers in 1966.
And yes I do have a beard and wear socks with sandals, though that has more to do with nettles and thistles than my taste in music.

A mixed bag, mainly Punk, Ska and Hardcore, but with a light smattering of Alternative, Electronica, Rap, Metal, Motown and Pop.

Ramones
Dead Kennedys
Operation Ivy
Bad Religion
The Rezillos
Capdown
Bracket
Screeching Weasel
Bad Astronaut
The Hives
The Interrupters
Propagandhi
Beastie Boys
Amyl and the Sniffers
Chali 2na
Public Enemy
Goggs
MGMT
Half Man Half Biscuit
The Zuno Men
Sonic Youth
Smashing Pumpkins
Mudhoney
Soundgarden

The most recently listened to tracks on my Apple Music account were:

Wolf Alice
Bicep
Dick Dale
Mastodon
The Mammas and Papas
Maximo Park
Tame Impala
The Ronettes
Rage Against the Machine
and.........The Bangels šŸ¤£

Ramones
Operation Ivy
Bad Religion
Capdown
Bracket
Screeching Weasel
The Hives
The Interrupters
Propagandhi
Beastie Boys
Amyl and the Sniffers
Chali 2na
Public Enemy

Excellent choices that lot.

I have a signed Capdown/Link80 split 7ā€ record that I framed last week after it sat in a box in a cupboard for 20 years. Itā€™s the top right one here.
530936A0-06BE-44E5-B332-B42C97EE0AA8.jpeg

Pink Floyd are my " go to" but I have broad tastes, ranging from Black Sabbath and Deep Purple, to David Grey and Ibiza Chill.
Incidentally my first live Gig was The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, at York Uni, I was at AHGS as a boarder on Hull Road. Then Roxy Music at Museum Gardens the same year. 1972 I seem to recall.

Latest posts

Back