My absence,my illness,my battle for life

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godsdog

Landlord.
Reaction score
As a lot of you old stagers may be aware I haven't posted for a while,chippy knew the reason but I asked him to keep stum.
I can know tell you I have had a 7 week stay in hospital 5 of them in critical care after an operation to remove my stomach after being diagnosed with gastric cancer. Hopefully going home today certainly nowhere near the man I was pre op but cured and alive to tell the tale.
My warning to all you macho males out there,don't ignore your health I didn't and it took 3 endescopes and12 months to get to where I am now
My only worry now is my beer intake will have to be drastically cut right back,but the dog is back to fight yet another day. Thanks

All the Best mate and thanks for sharing.
It may prompt somebody to check out 'niggles' that are often dismissed as 'it'll go away'.
Never know what's around the corner [emoji33]

Just done my 60 year old test. Scotland is 50? for some £££ reason.

BTW, did you know GodsdoG is read the same backwards...[emoji50]
Mack

Sent from my Kitchen Tap Room

I remember you posting a few months ago about suddenly feeling very unwell in 'that' department. I guess that's when it started? And your absence has been noted! Best wishes and good luck to you.

just got my 60 letter yesterday with the test kit to follow.
All the best my friend

Glad to hear you're going home today Godsdog, speedy recovery mate. Looking forward to seeing you posting again.

Best wishes mate and to everyone else don't ignore the health check offers you get free on the NHS if over 40 or if like me you can get them on your work insurance.

Glad to hear you are through the danger Godsdog, all the best for a fulfilling and healthy many years to come.

Keep fighting the good fight my good man. Live with what you have, for tomorrow.

Back