My Christmas brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think 10 litres is a sensible size...it can be difficult getting through a full keg of something unusual.
An suggestions as to what I could brew? I'm not too keen on Belgian beer bar a SAISON...I like a stout though.
I age whats left for the following xmas I have the last of my xmas 2019 risky business to finish off 🙂

A barley wine with a xmas twist perhaps?

I did a Christmas beer on Sunday too, using some honey given to me by a neighbour:
D9A1BECF-B93E-4579-BC4A-8C7DC5187418.png

I recall that last year, many of us made a Christmas chocolate porter according to a particular recipe. In fact I've still got some left as I'd forgotten about it (and I don't like chocolate beer very much).
Is it too late to get something like that going for this year? As long as it's not a mulled, festive, parsnip and Brussels sprout lager. :vomitintoilet:

I recall that last year, many of us made a Christmas chocolate porter according to a particular recipe. In fact I've still got some left as I'd forgotten about it (and I don't like chocolate beer very much).
Is it too late to get something like that going for this year? As long as it's not a mulled, festive, parsnip and Brussels sprout lager. :vomitintoilet:
What about a cranberry sauce wheat beer?

Soun
What about a cranberry sauce wheat beer?
Sounds like a goer. We have raspberry wheat beer so why not cranberry? Looking at this recipe (for cranberry sauce) there's nothing in there that wouldn't taste nice in a wheat beer.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/really-simple-cranberry-sauceI was also toying with the idea of making a prune juice porter but I see somebody beat me to it. Coopers stout with prune juice???
Nevertheless, I'm going to have a go with a small batch.
Could become a "regular" thing!

Soun

Sounds like a goer. We have raspberry wheat beer so why not cranberry? Looking at this recipe (for cranberry sauce) there's nothing in there that wouldn't taste nice in a wheat beer.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/really-simple-cranberry-sauceI was also toying with the idea of making a prune juice porter but I see somebody beat me to it. Coopers stout with prune juice???
Nevertheless, I'm going to have a go with a small batch.
Could become a "regular" thing!
What about a brew replacing the hops with Sage. It would be good stuff.

Good idea, unfortunately I've jumped the gun somewhat....

Substitute the malt for wheat flour, plenty of fruit: raspberries, cranberries (no sage), stick some dried grapes in there for body, a couple of teaspoonsful of mulling spices, #2 invert sugar to lighten the body, replace the hops with a bit of butter to increase the diacetyl and perhaps an egg or two. Mix well and let it mash in a cool/medium oven for several hours. Take out and allow to cool and drink it in slices. Job done.

Last edited:
Well this fermented out in double quick time and I bottled on Monday evening. Carbed up already so had the tester last night. Very promising, and with a bit of condition I reckon it will be befitting of a Christmas beer 👍

Thing is if the neihbours lads come in for a new year drink,I think most of us would struggle to meet demand.

Lisa MC might be an exception though. 😁

Thing is if the neihbours lads come in for a new year drink,I think most of us would struggle to meet demand.

Lisa MC might be an exception though. 😁
I'm slowly manoeuvring myself into a position where my stocks are going to be pretty good at Christmas. To be honest it would be nice to share the bounty at Christmas time again after last year 😊👍

Agree Oneflewover
I was thinking of my dad who got dozens of "Tinnies" in on new years eve.
Have to be honest they respected the house and caused no damage or problems,Just drunk the place dry.

Oh rejoice in thy youth young man.:beer1:

At this moment in time, the only home brew I have available to drink is 7 (seven) bottles of last years GH Christmas Ale. I do have 23 litres of lager lagering, but no home brew is a shambolic state to get into.

I am seeking time for 2 brews this week to compensatw.

Latest posts

Back