my electric system

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidHatton

Reaction score
So as it indicates above, I recently about 3 months ago upgraded to the ss brewtech 10 gallon kettle, having in mind to go fully electric, as my hob top gas was rubbish, after doing the usual hole cutting and adding a 1.5 inch tc for the element housing. I finally got around to brewing 2 batches on, what an improvement, the 2.8kw element certainly gets more than the gentle rolling boil of the domestic gas.
Now i decided to try and control the boiling fury the element kicks out, I added a grainfather connect controller to the system with the purchase of the replacement grainfather thermometer probe cover, (both from TMM) which is of use for people wanting to reuse their old controller, I fitted the cover today and ran alittle test, heated 12 litres of 11c water to 65c in 10 mins, haven't tried anything else yet but will do a brew on it soon. combined with my samsung tab, will maybe try some step mashing which I have never tried other than mash out temp increase.
reason I went with the GF connect was time and not wanting to build the Auber system that I had seen in the US of A, the only issue was the new probe and the old probe are different sizes so I had to dril out a few mil from the centre of the probe cover.
In a nutshell I wanted something to reduce the boil fury and didn't want to mess with building something.
might add a few images if anyone is really that bothered :-)

So far so good. acheers.

So as it indicates above, I recently about 3 months ago upgraded to the ss brewtech 10 gallon kettle, having in mind to go fully electric, as my hob top gas was rubbish, after doing the usual hole cutting and adding a 1.5 inch tc for the element housing. I finally got around to brewing 2 batches on, what an improvement, the 2.8kw element certainly gets more than the gentle rolling boil of the domestic gas.
Now i decided to try and control the boiling fury the element kicks out, I added a grainfather connect controller to the system with the purchase of the replacement grainfather thermometer probe cover, (both from TMM) which is of use for people wanting to reuse their old controller, I fitted the cover today and ran alittle test, heated 12 litres of 11c water to 65c in 10 mins, haven't tried anything else yet but will do a brew on it soon. combined with my samsung tab, will maybe try some step mashing which I have never tried other than mash out temp increase.
reason I went with the GF connect was time and not wanting to build the Auber system that I had seen in the US of A, the only issue was the new probe and the old probe are different sizes so I had to dril out a few mil from the centre of the probe cover.
In a nutshell I wanted something to reduce the boil fury and didn't want to mess with building something.
might add a few images if anyone is really that bothered :-)

So far so good. acheers.
Some pics would be goodathumb..

Latest posts

Back