My Fermzilla has landed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that’s disappointing to hear!
Well somehow this has all gone pete tong, brought the keg in from the garden where it's been "lagering" for a couple of weeks at around 8c and it;s as cloudly as hell, tastes very yeasty as well :/ Not one I shall be offering to visitors then, I shall however drink it, it's quaffable but only just.
that’s a shame! I wonder what went wrong? Did it clear?

How many pints have you pulled? Normally you can expect the first pint or two to be trubby.

Also, might be worth fining it with gelatine. Could drop out the sediment.

Next time maybe use a dedicated pressure fermenting yeast? I know white labs do one because I’ve been looking into it myself.
I’m sticking with ales though at the moment,because I’m making some cracking beers latelyacheers. and it’s all down to switching to all grain. The difference is night and day compared to extract kits, but i will definitely be knocking up a few coopers kits in the near future

Next time maybe use a dedicated pressure fermenting yeast? I know white labs do one because I’ve been looking into it myself.
I’m sticking with ales though at the moment,because I’m making some cracking beers latelyacheers. and it’s all down to switching to all grain. The difference is night and day compared to extract kits, but i will definitely be knocking up a few coopers kits in the near future

This wasn't a Coopers kit it was a Youngs one

I have 2 x Coopers Real ale on the go right now, my "go to" beer that is, I have one being done in an FV the other In the fermzilla

I shall let you know they they turn out

Also, might be worth fining it with gelatine. Could drop out the sediment.

I'm just drinking it anyway, by the time I have had 2 glasses I really don't care what the next few look or taste like.

It's not the best I have ever brewed, it's not the worst either, it's just on this side of the drinkable scale, so drink it I will.

Back