My first brew question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attwell

Student to the game
Reaction score
I've recently made my first batch of Undead Pale Ale from James Morton's book called brew. I have made many mistakes that I can solve quite easily but the one I do have an issue with is this... During the brew you have certain temperatures you need to maintain or raise to. Obviously keeping these temperatures for a certain amount of time brings certain affects to your beer... Same with adding hops at different times at different temperatures etc. The problem I have is when I'm brewing at certain temperatures and have to raise to a higher temperature it takes some time to get to that intended temperature... So it basically means that it adds on time to the overall brew... What do I do with this extra time added on to the brew do keep these certain temps for a little bit shorter to factor in the time to get up to them or does the time it takes to getting the temperature to certain degrees not matter that much.

Took a long time to type this due confusion and being a beer newbie but all the help I can get would be great, I'm sorry for such long post.

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back