MY FIRST in a number of years.. TC as per forum recipe No1

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add extra sugar but how can i then work out an increase in alcohol?

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous reply. :^)

So you had started with 1033 which will give you 4.2% if it ferments out to 1000. You want at least 5%, so each 250g of added sugar should give you 2.5% extra strength.

So you had started with 1033 which will give you 4.2% if it ferments out to 1000. You want at least 5%, so each 250g of added sugar should give you 2.5% extra strength.
Ah yes.

I shall fall on my sword Sir.
😂😂

Ah yes.

I shall fall on my sword Sir.
😂😂
After careful thought consideration ignorance and total lack of experience and ability.... i will let this one run its course and the next one i will add 200 to 250g sugar to the juice. 😆😉

Fermentation day 9. Still 4 bubbles a min @ 20. Heres a nice photo. 😨

Attachments

• 20201003_100455.jpg
    20201003_100455.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 68
Fermentation day 10. Bubbles now 2 per min at 18/20 degrees.

Heres a pic of my cat charlie watching a nature program on Smithsonian
(Probably more interesting than my post) 😂

Attachments

• 20200930_181720.jpg
    20200930_181720.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 78
Lidl. 1.5l.
Is there anything i can do to increase the potential strength? Add extra sugar but how can i then work out an increase in alcohol?

I was hoping to get something on my first attempt at 5%
TIA
Are you sure it wasn't a reduced sugar as lidl AJ is quite high either Natural or XXL.

Fermentation day 11. Still bubbling at around 1.5 bubbles a min at 18/20 degrees. Clearing nicely. athumb..

After careful thought consideration ignorance and total lack of experience and ability.... i will let this one run its course and the next one i will add 200 to 250g sugar to the juice.
Don't do that - buy better quality apple juice next time. All these juices are in fact concentrated apple juice watered down back to `apple juice' levels. Cheaper ones are just watered down more so they give you less flavour in your finished TC as well. Just compare the carbohydrate levels of different brands but watch out because some sneekily do it per 150 ml instead of 100 just to look better.
I always use Tesco `pure' apple juice. That usually gives me 6.5% ABV.

Don't do that - buy better quality apple juice next time. All these juices are in fact concentrated apple juice watered down back to `apple juice' levels. Cheaper ones are just watered down more so they give you less flavour in your finished TC as well. Just compare the carbohydrate levels of different brands but watch out because some sneekily do it per 150 ml instead of 100 just to look better.
I always use Tesco `pure' apple juice. That usually gives me 6.5% ABV.
i already have plenty of excess sugar
thumb.

Ok. Back in the room. First tc is around 4%. Not the best. Learning really. Its been bottled now for 2 weeks.
Tbh it tasted rough initially. I added half t spoon sugar per bottle.
No explosions. Left inside now its in the garage waiting to be stolen. 😆

Attachments

• IMG-20201017-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20201017-WA0003.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 62

Latest posts

Back