My first wgj peach and apple juice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callumbo

Reaction score
Hi guys. I saw the wow recipe and couldn't help myself.

I did 1l white grape juice with peach
1.5l apple juice
1kg sugar in 1l water

It's nice fermenting away and making a very annoying bubbling notice which is great.

However being a totally newbie to wine I over did the sugar. Ive got an og of 1.100 which is a bit higher than I've seen on others recipes.

Just wondered how this will effect my wine? Stronger sweeter, ruined? I have no idea so any help would be brill

That's about right, 1.110 will give you around 12-12.5% abv. Remember the is around 8g per 100ml in juice, so there's an additional 200g in your juice. Anything below the 1.002 mark will be dry, aim for below 1.000. I've got a cherry WOW which started at 1.1104 and is currently.994. So will rack and stabilise this soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to know it'll still come out good. Wish I'd put a bit more sugar in it now Haha. Cheers for your help

Ah bugger - just read this thread and I only put 500g into my WOWs. I don't think I am destined to have any luck with WOWs!

Anyone know what the likely ABV would be for this???? Or could I add another 500g of sugar now???

I just checked the main thread for WOW and think I am ok. I used 4 ltrs of Juice so my 500g of sugar might well be enough!

1300g will be more than 13%, I used to make all my juice wines 1100g for 13%.

Zippy as above aim for a total of 1100g and you will get 13% if it gets to .995.

yeah thats gonna be 13.5 %+ if fermented out to dry!

Zippy if its still fermenting you can add sugar, calculate the sugar in your four litres of juice with what you have added so far, aim for 1050 -1100 total sugar

Latest posts

Back