My first Wherry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robsparky99

Newbie kit brewer
Reaction score
Hi people,

I'm on to my second brew this year (slow start I know). Trying to use up all my supplies, so have this Wherry and grabbed a Wilko limited edition pilsner to use up a solid Coopers BE2.

After doing my usual read up on this kit, I've bought new yeast (CMF Real Ale). First proper two can kit I've done, so will be good to taste the 'night and day' difference!

200G Coppers BE no.1
Morrison's Saver still water
CMF Real Ale yeast

OG 1038
Pitched at 16.6C
Batch size 23 Litres

2 litres heated to 90C and BE stirred in. 0.5 litres of boiled water used to washed cans out, everything chucked in and stirred alot! Sample taken, more stirring and yeast added.

Attachments

• 20190316_182409_resized.jpg
    20190316_182409_resized.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 159
TBH the yeast that comes with the Wherry works and tastes great, that's if you have the two packs of yeast with the kit? I've been making Wherry now for about ten years on and off and they all turn out great(back then you only got one pack of yeast but I never had a stuck ferment) I'm off to Norfolk next month for a short break and I'm going to pop in the brewery at the Fur and Feather pub where it's made.

Happy brewing.

Last edited:
I’ve just started back home brewing after a few decades absence, having chucked out all my gear I bought a Woofordes starter kit with a 20 pint Wherry kit. I used what I got in the kit and just finished bottling it up tonight, I had a sneaky taste and it was ok, hopefully it will improve in the bottle. Good luck with yours.

Latest posts

Back