My kegorator build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyberjip

Regular.
Reaction score
Bit of a long post on my kegorator build with plenty of pictures.

Thanks to everyone for the input on my Kegorator or Keezer thread.

I finally decided to go with a fridge, ordered the Currys essentials tall lader fridge CTL55W18 as it met my wants and needs for a reasonable price.
20200313_221732.jpg

My tools and most of the gubbins I used, nothing out of the ordinary here, few bits from China which have been understandably delayed, hence why it's taken me so long.
20200313_231121.jpg

20200313_231647.jpg

Next I marked up my tap holes and two on the other side for my gas in line and temp probe,

20200313_230729.jpg

Then I built a little shelf just so all my kegs would sit just right,

20200314_225032.jpg

I decided that I wanted to be able to controll the gas pressure for each keg so built a gas management board with 4 secondery regulators, I also have another line that splits of the primary that I can use to purge/seal kegs ore anything else I might want gas for.

Connected all my gas lines (blue for gas) and quick connects (all with john guest push fit)
20200318_221658.jpg

Next I added my taps, 2 flow control and 1 stout tap, eventually I will run the 4th keg out to my hand pump, but for now it's just the ready for when one keg kicks.
20200404_122027.jpg

Again john guest push fit on the back to make adjustments quicker and easier.

Almost done, just added in my beer lines, probably a little longer than I need but would rather too long than too short, will trim theese back later if required, also colour coded all beer and gas lines with electrical tape. Connected up my Inkbird TC

20200404_201734.jpg

Put in my kegs, as you can see it's pretty snug but it all fits and I'll be able to serve a veriaty of beer styles through a veriaty of taps/pumps.

Finally some magnetic whiteboard cut to the correct size to display what I'm serving,

20200404_201804.jpg

Jobs a good'n

Lovley beer on tap in the man cave, nice!

Attachments

• 20200313_231121.jpg
    20200313_231121.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Have a stout, AIPA Czech pilsner (needs a bit more lagering yet. And also Apple and maple Turbo cider. Goose Island IPA clone in the fermenter

Nice work, im currently having a bash myself with a larder fridge but just two lines

Nice work, im currently having a bash myself with a larder fridge but just two lines
Well worth the effort IMO

2 lines would probably be "enough" for me but I didn't really want to add anything else down the line, apart from the connection to the hand pump.

If your struggling with anything hit me up and I'll help out if I can.

Just shown the missus and said that what I want to do. 'where you think that's gonna go like?' was her response. We can dream

Look class by the way. Very jealous.

Good job, is there no cooling lines on the side of the fridge
No, on most modern (Cheap) fridges all the coils are in the back. You can always crank the fridge up to max then using a spray bottle spray a fine most all over the inside. The mist should freeze where the cooling coils are

Just shown the missus and said that what I want to do. 'where you think that's gonna go like?' was her response. We can dream

Look class by the way. Very jealous.
It does not take up noticeably more room than just having 4 kegs on the floor. So in a way I have created more space as I can now store stuff (pressure barrel) on top of my kegs.

I don't quite follow? The pressure barrel on top is reusable. Inside I have kegs (corny kegs) and yes they are also reusable, and very popular with homebrewers.

Feel free to ask more questions and I'll do my best to answer them as best as I can.

I'm thinking on the line ,i'd like to re-use the pressure barrels instead of laying out extra cost for corny kegs i have 3 normal 5 gal PB's and one 5 gal King Keg PB top poor at the min plus bottles which i have collected or been given over the past months ,i know the regulators can be set/ adjusted to suit ,but need to find a connector for the pin valves ,(from regulator valve to pin valve) i know you can get a connector for the larger hand held gas canister to regulator then to corny keg ,the next step is the gas bottles to keg .
I've been brewing a good few months now seem to know what i'm doing with shop bought brews ,not had a bad batch yet ,i don't want to get caught out in summer with warm beer so i'm looking to take the next step DIY kegorator like your self.
Any help will be appreciated .
HAPPY BREWING AND STAY SAFE acheers.

Very impressed, could you share the costs of this project please ?

Thanks,
Mark
Fridge cost me 200, most people in most places under normal circumstances can vastly reduce this cost by just getting a cheap one second hand.

Also already had all the kegs

Ball park figures here

2x flow controll taps 45
Stout tap 40
Long thanks 22
Secondery regulators 88
Inkbird TC 30
Beer and gas line 20
Fittings 30
Quick connects for cornys 25

Got more line and fittings than I needed so I would have spares and to give me a bit of flexibility on the build.

So looking around 250ish + cost of fridge + any cornys you might need

But it fits my needs better than a shop bought one also I have enjoyed the project.

Latest posts

Back