My local Homebrew shop has closed down

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could probably remove Charles Faram from that list, they only supply to the trade as far as I'm aware.

It's all an unfortunate trend. I've used the shop in Leyland a few times, but St Helens is nearer, and I try to do a reasonable amount of business with them, as well as online. In fact a few years back there was one in Wigan, but that's gone now I think.

After seeing so many close this is why I make a point to go and get most if not all of my supplies from my LHBS even if they are slightly more pricey. I want them around after all and we need to make it worth their time to stay open.

Can you add Sylken Homebrew, Gorleston, Norfolk. The web site is from the dark ages but really friendly people and well stocked. Easy parking too.

Seeing products or places online does not really inspire me.
Its not down to bad photography either.

Looking at, With my own eyes and been able to touch and hold the product is what has allways "sold" me.

One to add Wicked Homebrew Kershaws Garden Centre Brighouse is open and doing great I’m there at least once a week buying grain and hops etc. online ordering at wickedbrewing.co.uk

Last edited:
After seeing so many close this is why I make a point to go and get most if not all of my supplies from my LHBS even if they are slightly more pricey. I want them around after all and we need to make it worth their time to stay open.

I quite agree. During lockdown, I still ordered from my (now) nearest LHBS (Harris/Dark Rock) even though I had to have it delivered.

Latest posts

Back