My new toy!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great!

Probably using a bigger bucket would help with the kinks I guess. I didn't have kinks in mine but I set it up the way the video said. I haven't noticed the low flow to the disconnects, will take a look at that later today as I have something to clean.

I keep mine connected all the time and store in a bucket. I do think putting it together all the time would put me off using it.

Not sure what happened with your disconnect lol :D

Last edited:
Just cleaned 5 kegs with this now. I'm going to be honest in my review:

Positives
  • Cleaning multiple kegs/items feels a lot easier, using the same cleaning solution for each.

Negatives
  • The flow to the disconnects is non-existant, even once you've managed to remove all the kinks
  • The kinks in the tube are a pita to prevent.

Conclusion
Because I had 5 to clean, I do think it was easier with this gadget. Would I get it out and set it up to clean a single keg? No.
Would I recommend it? Only if you have multiple items to clean at once.
One of the disconnects also disintegrated on the second keg. Luckily I have spares.

For some strange reason, having filled with water to do the rinsing, I decided to plug the pump in and turn on the socket. Don't do that. It results in a very wet kitchen :doh:
If you make an advanced version with a bigger pump, it's clean the disconnects very well.
I operate it in the bathtub, and bought myself one of those sticky mats ( what the old ppl using) to protect the bath.
It's a good idea to wait until you have multiple things to clean, but I rather wait than clean them manually.

Has anyone jet washed their kegs,fermenters etc?
Obviously this would be done outside and the item being washed might need securing but I'm sure they'd be properly cleaned.
I give my wheelie bins the treatment from time to time parked lying next to the grid o the end of my drive and they come up lovely!
Who doesn't like playing with a jet washer!

Obviously this would be done outside and the item being washed might need securing but I'm sure they'd be properly cleaned.
I give my wheelie bins the treatment from time to time parked lying next to the grid o the end of my drive and they come up lovely!
If I'd have some outdoor space i would do, I'd make myself some special attachment to clean the posts on the kegs that's for sure.

I honestly don't think that would work with a chubby. You just can’t aim to the places you need because of the extremely narrow neck.

Plus you'd need a lot of cleaner if you weren't looping it round. Water alone wouldn't do a good enough job to remove the protein deposits, you need a special cleaner made for the job in my opinion.

Last edited:
Just cleaned 5 kegs with this now. I'm going to be honest in my review:

Positives
  • Cleaning multiple kegs/items feels a lot easier, using the same cleaning solution for each.

Negatives
  • The flow to the disconnects is non-existant, even once you've managed to remove all the kinks
  • The kinks in the tube are a pita to prevent.

Conclusion
Because I had 5 to clean, I do think it was easier with this gadget. Would I get it out and set it up to clean a single keg? No.
Would I recommend it? Only if you have multiple items to clean at once.
One of the disconnects also disintegrated on the second keg. Luckily I have spares.

For some strange reason, having filled with water to do the rinsing, I decided to plug the pump in and turn on the socket. Don't do that. It results in a very wet kitchen :doh:
I am reluctant to clean too many items with one batch of percarbonate. After 30 minutes or so the percarbonate starts to break down in water with any degree of hardness and then you risk getting chalk deposits on your equipment.

I sometimes use the Karscher but to be honest as @Tess Tickle surmised its not great on the proteins - baked on Krausen deposit still has to be scrubbed manually.

So here's a question for the strip down guys. Do you pressure test your kegs, and test them with water after you put them back together? 🤔

After selling some Pinter equipment I've purchased this today. I find (bottling) and cleaning just a massive ball ache. If this makes it slightly more straightforward and quicker with the ability to do something else then it's money well spent. I intended to DIY my own anyway but the difference in cost plus the time to get the parts and build/modify meant this was a no-brainer for me.

So here's a question for the strip down guys. Do you pressure test your kegs, and test them with water after you put them back together? 🤔
Er … no!

But on the positive side, I renew the “O” ring if is shows any sign of deterioration: and I only store and deliver a brew at +/-5psi.

As an ex-HSE Manager I know that this is way below national standards but a pukka test-rig would probably cost more than a new keg!

BTW, I once stood over a Check-Valve to look at the 2,500 psi pressure indicated on a Test Rig Pressure Gauge.

I glanced down and saw that the Check-Valve had an ASA Rating of #600, gingerly backed away from the Test-Rig and demanded that the Contractor changed out the Check-Valve for one more suitably rated!

I wrote up what had happened in my log, I saw the Test-Rig in the mechanics workshop as I went away for my four day break - the Check-Valve had been rotated 180 degrees so that the ASA rating wasn’t easy to see!

When I returned from my break, my compatriot took me onto the Plant to show me the gouge in the concrete made by the top of the Check-Valve when it had failed.

Luckily, no-one was injured and the new bit of kit on the Test-Rig could easily handle 2,500psi.
athumb..

Er … no!

But on the positive side, I renew the “O” ring if is shows any sign of deterioration: and I only store and deliver a brew at +/-5psi.

As an ex-HSE Manager I know that this is way below national standards but a pukka test-rig would probably cost more than a new keg!

BTW, I once stood over a Check-Valve to look at the 2,500 psi pressure indicated on a Test Rig Pressure Gauge.

I glanced down and saw that the Check-Valve had an ASA Rating of #600, gingerly backed away from the Test-Rig and demanded that the Contractor changed out the Check-Valve for one more suitably rated!

I wrote up what had happened in my log, I saw the Test-Rig in the mechanics workshop as I went away for my four day break - the Check-Valve had been rotated 180 degrees so that the ASA rating wasn’t easy to see!

When I returned from my break, my compatriot took me onto the Plant to show me the gouge in the concrete made by the top of the Check-Valve when it had failed.

Luckily, no-one was injured and the new bit of kit on the Test-Rig could easily handle 2,500psi.
athumb..
I didn't mean that scientific test, i meant pressurise it like 80psi, than submerge it in water, leave it for a couple days, if everything ok continue the testing with a bach of soda water.

I have a gut feeling, there is a close connection between stripping down kegs for cleaning, and the posts about lost bottles of CO2, and batches of beer on the floor.

Is anyone else's first pole doing this? The brass pin (closest to the nut end) pulls out with the most minimal pressure to extend the wand, thus detaching the 2 pieces.

Edit - Looks like I'll need to contact B2B tomorrow as the connection is very loose on the first section unlike the other ones.

Attachments

• 16606821357755368394462380761040.jpg
    16606821357755368394462380761040.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have one of these and it's great.
As I always like to tinker with things I have upgraded it with a clean in place spray ball, and I have 3 different lengths of stainless steel BSP pipe that allows me to clean different size vessels. It is particularly useful in cleaning my Keg King Snub nose max fermenter.

I just use cheap Astonish Oxy cleaner.
I'm looking at adding a CIP ball too. Did you attach to the telescopic pole and if so did it require an adapter? Thanks.

I'm looking at adding a CIP ball too. Did you attach to the telescopic pole and if so did it require an adapter? Thanks.

I bought various lengths of this pipe:
STAINLESS STEEL 316 SCREWED PIPE BSP 150lbs
One end screws into the pump instead of the telescopic pipe, and the spray ball goes on the other end.

I think I bought 500mm and 300mm lengths.

Unimpressed with the pole quality on this.

The replacement arrived today and immediately the top section detached. Plowed on with using it to wash two kegs (did a great job) but then the second to top pole also detached with the 'retaining' clips nowhere to be found. My guess is they're now somewhere in the pump.

I'm either unlucky or there is a manufacturing/batch issue.

I've contacted B2B again to see whether they want to replace or refund. As it stands I can't recommend this at all.

Unimpressed with the pole quality on this.

The replacement arrived today and immediately the top section detached. Plowed on with using it to wash two kegs (did a great job) but then the second to top pole also detached with the 'retaining' clips nowhere to be found. My guess is they're now somewhere in the pump.

I'm either unlucky or there is a manufacturing/batch issue.

I've contacted B2B again to see whether they want to replace or refund. As it stands I can't recommend this at all.
The connection on the pump is a thingy similar to 1/2" & 15mm, it's doesn't have to be perfect or tight as small leak is not an issue with submersible pump. Just use a brass compression with a straight bit of 15mm poly pipe.
I've got a 1/2" male connector in the pump, then a female 'T' these were part of the sight glass system on my 50l Brew devil, then I've got a brass compression male connector and 15mm poly pipe just slides in, I've attached an olive to one pipe to stop it sliding down blocking the spur on the 'T' for keg wash as this goes to a keg post and the other pipe is a lot longer and blocks off the spur for FV wash.

2022-08-19 20.46.46.jpg

2022-08-19 20.46.53.jpg

2022-08-19 20.47.17.jpg

2022-08-19 20.47.42.jpg

Received mine today :cool: the pole seems ok after a quick play with it ( wink...) but it'll be next week before I get time to put any cleaner through it. The mix of parallel and taper thread fittings is a little triggering but sure it'll work based on everyones experience. Got to remember it's not a high pressure system! Tempted to fit a valve between the T-piece and pole so I have the option of sending full flow to the disconnects and give the beer/gas lines a thorough clean.

Latest posts

Back