My own brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itry

Regular.
Reaction score
i am building my self a brewery ( over stated) but its a place where i can brew my own beer keep all my stuff and generally have an area to enjoy beer stuff. Currently i brrw in the garden and ferment in out house. My decks are going in aswell. So possibly it may evolve to a tap room. I have 3 x 4 meters . Off the back of this ive also got a bit of a budget to upgrade a few bits of gear......... as much as possible!!! At the moment i use a grainfather , a fermzila a fermentasauraus and corny kegs. I intend to build a 70 liter system. Two pumps , a smartpid with a panel to control. Plus water flow control and new stainless fermentors. This is going to be on going. So ill try to write what happens. This is on my instagram #innapropriate_brewery and you will get more content on their. 20200801_144739.jpg

All the wood is ordered. Its arriving monday morning. My 2 weeks off work starts friday. Great times. Its hard uploading photos to here as i have a s20 galaxy ultra and it takes 108mp photos! Small ad here the clarity of the photos is amazing!! They all are on insta though.

So my plan is this. I am going build a 3x4 brewshed.

Things im having / got

Internal hard plumbed water source that is removable.
Water treatment via reverse osmosis.
Adjustable water supply regulator.got
Celing mounted winch for grain bucket removal.
70 liter brew builder kettle. 4 custom triclamps. Got
1.5" tc 35k elelment. got
2 tc valves , whirlpool plus extraction. Got
1.5" tc thermocouple.got
2 brew pumps with metal heads. Got
All.tc fittings for it.got
2 of 3 way triclamp valves. Got
2 of triclamp isolation valves. Got
using a grain hat( i made) for sparging. Got
All 1.5" tc fittings to link and join the above. Got
Smart pid controler. Built into a one off 32a panel with all supporting ssrs and measuring equipment. Starting building this next week. This will be pimp. By trade im a spark and ive built a few panels in my time...... lots of really cool fittings and the rite items. Not a home brew itll do job a propper official this is how its done job. This will be a seperate post.

Extraction for the brewing
Tiled floor
White rock walls
White led lighting
More will come to light as i do it.....

Im really geeky so i can make this longer just say i didnt even include the fermentationtion plans....

Drainage?
Drainage is a problem they arnt that deep here. where the actual building is compared to where the drain is as well as the drain depth dosnt work. so i have this as a solution. a large plastic builders bucket using the HLT with a pump and a washer head attachment will be my washing up pit.
The running water is also a problem. so i have this solution. in side the pipe will be hard plumbed around the inside in copper. the pipe will go through the wall to an external to a Male hose fitting. so when i want to use it ill run the hose up to it and connect.

my instagram is #D.p.c.s this is where all of my early beer stuff is. but i realised i post nothing but beer and given the rest of my content its not good. so i started #inappropriate_brewery for all of my adventures now.

More kit, more cleaning.
i try to get a real chubb over cleaning to make it as fun and time consuming as possible and really love it. as lets face it theirs a lot to do and generally i hate it.

You could run an alkathene water pipe 1 1/2" from the shed to the drain using a submersible drain pump from your trug with a water trap on the output side and a 2 way float limit switch to switch the pump on and off so as it would not run dry and stop you having to run back and forth to the drain.

Drainage is a problem they arnt that deep here. where the actual building is compared to where the drain is as well as the drain depth dosnt work. so i have this as a solution. a large plastic builders bucket using the HLT with a pump and a washer head attachment will be my washing up pit.
The running water is also a problem. so i have this solution. in side the pipe will be hard plumbed around the inside in copper. the pipe will go through the wall to an external to a Male hose fitting. so when i want to use it ill run the hose up to it and connect.

my instagram is #D.p.c.s this is where all of my early beer stuff is. but i realised i post nothing but beer and given the rest of my content its not good. so i started #inappropriate_brewery for all of my adventures now.

i try to get a real chubb over cleaning to make it as fun and time consuming as possible and really love it. as lets face it theirs a lot to do and generally i hate it.
I think cleaning one of the things that turns new brewers off brewing, especially if your kit is stored in a cupboard indoors like mine, so everything needs to be dried before putting away.
If I had a custom built brewing facility, one of my main requirements would be a stainless steel drying / storage rack.

I think cleaning one of the things that turns new brewers off brewing, especially if your kit is stored in a cupboard indoors like mine, so everything needs to be dried before putting away.
If I had a custom built brewing facility, one of my main requirements would be a stainless steel drying / storage rack.

Agree! When I go back to my list of things to get, a huge deep sink and drying area/non-damp area are high on the sensible list.

Of course the idiot list has pointlessly complex fermentation chambers which is more fun.

Might sound silly but how's the wi-fi? I make loads on notes on OneNote not to mention Insta and you've not mentioned wifi enabled hydrometers yet. Outdoor network cables are cheap nowadays so if you're running power out there you could add network connectivity too.

Their will be an area to dry on . just not a deep sink .

Might sound silly but how's the wi-fi? I make loads on notes on OneNote not to mention Insta and you've not mentioned wifi enabled hydrometers yet. Outdoor network cables are cheap nowadays so if you're running power out there you could add network connectivity too.
the wifi is good their. ive checked with an app. i use tilts so it needs to be! whats your instagram tag?

I was watching a program about "5G" last night (Viral: The 5G Truth Coverup). So you are one of these so-and-sos responsible for this virus thingy? You bar-steward!

So according to the guy in the video who's plate in his head has been hurting since they installed 5G round the corner its 5G that is killing us not covid, how would he explain deaths in all the places where they don't have 5G?

I have the S20+5G and I use the 'Your phone' app it's easy uploading photos. Not sure about the Ultra tho'
I've used the "Reduce Photo Size" app for years, it allows you to crop, rotate and resize image. Simple but effective.

First pic is of the wonderful Penn-dog modeling the slab for us.
20200804-172219.jpg

Second is the water controller
20200807-161609.jpg

This is the 32a power connector for the panel
20200726-184958.jpg

Fourth is a fridge my friend popped and asked if i wanted

20200812-182318.jpg

Parts for the panel

20200727-171430.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back