Mystery Gas Leak

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braufather

Landlord.
Reaction score
I have some sort of gas leak but cant find it- i am also surprised how quick it is. ive emptied two soda streams within minutes trying to find it. ( a single soda stream usually has enough to carbinate and dispense about 3 or 4 20 litre brews to high levels). luckily i wans't using my main 02 canister

After realising the first canister had emptied quickly, I spayed leak finding oil all over the regulator and connections and the gas line but didnt show anything, so i set it up again, but within a minute the canister was empty without any sign of a leak! not sure what to do? any ideas anyone?

Its hard to give much advice without physically seeing it. You could just try disconnecting everything from everything and putting it back piece by piece testing by blowing down it where you can. Also if there emptying that fast I would think you should be able to hear the leak, are you sure they were definitely filled?

I've lost a couple of soda stream cannisters due to this. Turned out to be a faulty regulator. I also have to adjust the soda stream adaptor each time I use a new bottle otherwise it leaks

Back