Quantcast

Name a Beer that makes you go WOW!!

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Sadfield

Landlord.
Reaction score
Shchlenkerla Marzen. Luvly stuff. :beer1:
Great beer.

For no real reason I had skipped over their Helles in favour of other more intensely smoked beers or cleaner Helles, but was wowed when finally trying it recently. Unique, complex, subtle and balanced, all at the same time. Such a well brewed beer.

An Ankoù

Landlord.
Reaction score
Great beer.

For no real reason I had skipped over their Helles in favour of other more intensely smoked beers or cleaner Helles, but was wowed when finally trying it recently. Unique, complex, subtle and balanced, all at the same time. Such a well brewed beer.
Haven't tasted the Helles for years, decades even. I'll have to look out for it. I only order the 5L kegs from Schlenkerla as the postage on 10L of bottled beer is the same as 20L of kegged. Shame they don't put it in kegs.

LuckyDip23

Reaction score
Amundsen desert in a can range and Siren Caribbean Chocolate Cake!

mmm chocolatey.

Crappyfish

Regular.
Reaction score
Amundsen desert in a can range and Siren Caribbean Chocolate Cake!

mmm chocolatey.
Just bought their new Nitro Red coming tomorrow. Take it the chocolate cake one is decent I've not tried that one

Crappyfish

Regular.
Reaction score
No one's said the Brew that they brew yet. So I'm going to say my own brew

obscure

Perpetually Confused
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do love real ales, but my favourite has to be Abbot Ale, don't know if it would be classed as a real ale.
I’m pretty certain real ale isn’t a legal definition but if it’s served from a cask (rather than a keg) which Abbot Ale is or is bottle conditioned (which I’m not actually sure on) then it fits most definitions I’ve heard of real ale.

On the subject of cask ales that make you go wow for me it was Olde Trip which The first time I had back when I was at University an was one of those beers that made me see their is more to beer than fizzy larger.

RGeats

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty certain real ale isn’t a legal definition but if it’s served from a cask (rather than a keg) which Abbot Ale is or is bottle conditioned (which I’m not actually sure on) then it fits most definitions I’ve heard of real ale.

On the subject of cask ales that make you go wow for me it was Olde Trip which The first time I had back when I was at University an was one of those beers that made me see their is more to beer than fizzy larger.
Nottingham Uni or trent?

obscure

Perpetually Confused
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nottingham Uni or trent?
Leicester actually, not sure why they decided to distribute it in a random Leicester pub near my halls of residence but I wasn’t complaining. Sadly I‘ve only seen it here in the South east in a random pub in Swindon.

RGeats

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leicester actually, not sure why they decided to distribute it in a random Leicester pub near my halls of residence but I wasn’t complaining. Sadly I‘ve only seen it here in the South east in a random pub in Swindon.
Ah fair enough. I thought you meant the olde trip pub, where bits of the pub ceiling fall into your pint!

obscure

Perpetually Confused
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah fair enough. I thought you meant the olde trip pub, where bits of the pub ceiling fall into your pint!
Alas no though I’m pretty certain the beer is named after the pub.

HiOctaine

Supporting Member
Reaction score
my first Belgium blonde from De Dool brewery, a belgium client of mine gave me a crate of it, it got me hooked on them

QED

Reaction score
Ska brewing’s Modus Hoperandi. Smack in the face of hops. Love it.

Latest posts