Name a Beer that makes you go WOW!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shchlenkerla Marzen. Luvly stuff. :beer1:
Great beer.

For no real reason I had skipped over their Helles in favour of other more intensely smoked beers or cleaner Helles, but was wowed when finally trying it recently. Unique, complex, subtle and balanced, all at the same time. Such a well brewed beer.

Great beer.

For no real reason I had skipped over their Helles in favour of other more intensely smoked beers or cleaner Helles, but was wowed when finally trying it recently. Unique, complex, subtle and balanced, all at the same time. Such a well brewed beer.
Haven't tasted the Helles for years, decades even. I'll have to look out for it. I only order the 5L kegs from Schlenkerla as the postage on 10L of bottled beer is the same as 20L of kegged. Shame they don't put it in kegs.

I do love real ales, but my favourite has to be Abbot Ale, don't know if it would be classed as a real ale.
I’m pretty certain real ale isn’t a legal definition but if it’s served from a cask (rather than a keg) which Abbot Ale is or is bottle conditioned (which I’m not actually sure on) then it fits most definitions I’ve heard of real ale.

On the subject of cask ales that make you go wow for me it was Olde Trip which The first time I had back when I was at University an was one of those beers that made me see their is more to beer than fizzy larger.

I’m pretty certain real ale isn’t a legal definition but if it’s served from a cask (rather than a keg) which Abbot Ale is or is bottle conditioned (which I’m not actually sure on) then it fits most definitions I’ve heard of real ale.

On the subject of cask ales that make you go wow for me it was Olde Trip which The first time I had back when I was at University an was one of those beers that made me see their is more to beer than fizzy larger.
Nottingham Uni or trent?

Nottingham Uni or trent?
Leicester actually, not sure why they decided to distribute it in a random Leicester pub near my halls of residence but I wasn’t complaining. Sadly I‘ve only seen it here in the South east in a random pub in Swindon.

Leicester actually, not sure why they decided to distribute it in a random Leicester pub near my halls of residence but I wasn’t complaining. Sadly I‘ve only seen it here in the South east in a random pub in Swindon.
Ah fair enough. I thought you meant the olde trip pub, where bits of the pub ceiling fall into your pint!

Ska brewing’s Modus Hoperandi. Smack in the face of hops. Love it.

Shchlenkerla Marzen. Luvly stuff. :beer1:

They do make very nice beers, although my favourite is the oak smoked Bock from their local rivals, that they do in the less up to Xmas. Picked up some last week for some friends:

Attachments

• 594B6E66-0FB9-4E4B-AED1-2BD4F7E704D5.jpeg
    594B6E66-0FB9-4E4B-AED1-2BD4F7E704D5.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 144

Latest posts

Back