Name for a New Pilot Nanobrewery?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of these names should I go with, for my new nanobrewery?

• Betjeman's

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Cosmopolit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Desi

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Despond of Slough

• Goldprick

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Grand Union/Grand Junction

• Hawker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Herschel

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Punjabrew

• StabMonk

• Upton Royal

• Other (Any suggestions?)

• Total voters
Pinewood Brewery.

A pint of James Bond Blonde comes with a free packet of Nik Naks.
Considered it, but not sure if it'd be available, don't want copyright issues, and figured it'd imply that pine wood's actually involved in the process somewhere. Likewise with a reference to Burnham Beeches, since while smoke beer and/or conditioning in beech wood caskets do sound interesting, reckon they'd be too much hassle for too little gain at this early stage.

1) Black Buck's Brewery
2) The Hog Deer Brewery
3) Blue Bull Brewery

These are all found in the area of Punjab if its an animal name your thinking of
good luck with your project

Thanks for the suggestions. With regards to picking an animal name/theme though, I've got three ideas in mind, all of which have draft logos and branding designed already:

1) Mane Brewery- derived from/based upon the name of the Lion Brewery, the first and most influential beer brand in India, and across Asia in general- drawing upon its heritage in a similar manner to brands like Singha and Tiger, without simply calling it "(generic color) Lion" as many others do. Also helps that I'm in negotiations with the new owner of my local pub in Wexham (a fellow Sikh, who used to be involved with the same now-defunct youth group I was part of), to potentially start brewing at their premises, using some of their backroom space (though there are still one or two other alternative premises I'm looking into), and that their brand also now looks like this:
1646143284435.jpeg

1) Parakeet Brewery- Also a native of that area of the Punjab (specifically, rose-ringed parakeets), and with the possible exception of humans' Punjabi expatriate communities, perhaps the most successful and prolific emigrants from the Punjab region, now abundant and flourishing around the world; and few places more so than right here in my local area, and the South-East of England in general, where these colorful newcomers are now among the most common birds around. Also a fan of eating cereal grains and hops in particular, which it typically raids fields and farmers' bags back in the Punjab to steal, with barley and wheat among its favored foods, and quite partial to fermented grains and fruits, having been documented to get themselves inebriated for recreational purposes.

3) Red Kite Brewery- Previously driven to local extinction (just like all of the local breweries), the Red Kites have also made a huge comeback after being re-introduced, and as with the Parakeets, the greenbelt around the town's where you'll see the highest concentrations of them anywhere in the country. Also by far the most common and easily-spotted wild predatory species in the area; and as with the previous two, pretty easy to design a simple vector logo and distinctive branding for (with a predominantly Red color scheme as opposed to the Gold and Green of Mane and Parakeet respectively, but with the added bonus of potentially lending itself well to a focus upon darker, ruby brews, the likes of which'd be markedly easier to brew here than paler IPAs, given the infamous hardness of the local tap-water).

Considered it, but not sure if it'd be available, don't want copyright issues, and figured it'd imply that pine wood's actually involved in the process somewhere. Likewise with a reference to Burnham Beeches, since while smoke beer and/or conditioning in beech wood caskets do sound interesting, reckon they'd be too much hassle for too little gain at this early stage.
Woodpine Brewery.

Pint of James Bond Blonde comes with a free packet of woodbines.

Of the original list I like Herschel best (because I like astronomy) but that got no votes. Of the recent 3 I like Mane best because it conjures powerful images.

I don't get James Bond Blonde though. Surely James Blonde is far better?

I think you are right to put plenty of thought into the name though - names are important. If you need to know the back story for a name to make sense, I would avoid it.

Good luck!

Cheers

Just so you know there is already a Red Kite Brewing Company, in Wales I think(?). Wife and I discounted the same name a few years ago for that reason!

The James Bond theme has also been explored by Bond Brews. I don't think they have any Bond-themed beer names (maybe for TM reasons?) but their logo is unmistakably suggestive..

Did my research and then realised this post hasn't been active for 3 months... Anyway ... How about "ninety-7 down,,"
Gives you Betjeman and Slough reference.. also has easily memorable marketing plus.

Having read this thread "my opinion" ( for what it's worth lol) is that "Khalwar" is a good name choice.

you could brew a "Khalwar Gold" hints of cardamom and bergamot perfect with a curry. Be careful with getting the balance right.
my personal choice of curry beer is "Bangla" tricky to find as a lot of restaurants seem to stock just Cobra or Kingfisher.

I think a possible market for craft type beers would be Indian restaurants? not everybody wants to drink a lager with their curry.

Food pairings with beer could be amazing, "we recommend our Khalwar coconut stout with the Lamb rogan Josh" type thing?

hope this helps. if you need someone to sample the beers with curries let me know lol.

Back