NE IPA – Jon Finch Recipe...with a bit of Brians touch!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does look very dark. Unusual to have crystal in this style. I'll bet it turns out delicious though.

Just made the same kit from a recipe pack from MM and yea it's definitely darker than I thought it would be.

Smells great though.

Hallow m8,
cant win them all lol.
As you said smell is amazing.
Tried a 'Green' bottle the other day, for all a week carb'n up is is an amazing taste, smell.
Hop farward, not over powering mind.
The hops is grapefruit, tropical, citrus and a pleasant aroma.
After taste a bit bitter, but itll get mellow out.
Just got a new yeast to try, (£9!!!) lol.
Looking fwd to the next brew day.
gwT89is.jpg

Bri

Hallow m8,
cant win them all lol.
As you said smell is amazing.
Tried a 'Green' bottle the other day, for all a week carb'n up is is an amazing taste, smell.
Hop farward, not over powering mind.
The hops is grapefruit, tropical, citrus and a pleasant aroma.
After taste a bit bitter, but itll get mellow out.
Just got a new yeast to try, (£9!!!) lol.
Looking fwd to the next brew day.
gwT89is.jpg

Bri

On my list to try.

I brewed this kit, and it turned out really nice!
It was a strange one though in one sense. The first bottle of the day I'd think "Mmmm, that's good. Maybe I've had better commercial offerings but nonetheless I'm pleased" The, the second bottle would be "Wow! that's utterly delicious!"
I wonder if my palate needed to home in a bit on the style the first time???

The whole lot went pretty quickly I have to say!

Hi, I’m new to home brewing that’s may sound like a stupid question the 10min hop additions on this recipe are they boiled for 10 mins or 50mins as 10mins seems like not a long time. Thanks in advanced

They are boiled for only 10 mins. Hop addition timings are always give in minutes from the end of the boil.

The NEIPA style calls for hops to be added late in general. It's all about getting the aroma and flavour out while minimising bitterness.
hopboiltime_1024.png

They are boiled for only 10 mins. Hop addition timings are always give in minutes from the end of the boil.

The NEIPA style calls for hops to be added late in general. It's all about getting the aroma and flavour out while minimising bitterness.
hopboiltime_1024.png
Thanks for your help

E9I9HZr.gif

Hallow everyone....missed me? hehehe!
Looking doing a NEIPA again to get the cobwebs off.
I'll start a new thread, coz as you know I never follow my recipe.
And I document the brewday and eventually on my YouTube channel-(hope you will subscribe haha!!) but that much lata.
Off to start a Sous Vide batch of Flat irion steaks n yeg for lunch lata……….Sous Vide Biab KNAAAA! GrainFather all the way.

Lataz
Bri

Argggghhhh! Not you again!!!
Chippy...change his name ..
Scarlet Pimpernel...
Nice see you Bri.

HAHAHAHAHA!!
a said to myself....."wonder what so n so will answer first.....
Aye guessed it right!
Hows thing going my m8?
good chrimbo n all that.
was going to do a NEIPA but the cost was about 365556476,876876 beaver pelts, so I've gone for (for now!) a centurion ghost ale type o fair.
Reet!! cobwebs off the GF.
Catch you all lata in new brewing thread.
Bri

Alright fellas. First time poster, joined to reply here actually.

I've currently got this recipe in the SS brew bucket in my brew fridge, started with the OG bang on target which is a good start. Just wondering when those who have done it dry hopped it, and if they would do the same next time or do it differently? And how many days did you ferment it for in total? I know the recipe says 10 days but always interested to hear if anyone did it differently.

I couldn't figure out my new ispindel in time to get it in with the yeast but have now so I was going to chuck it in at the same time as the dry hopping but reading this thread I might have to get it in there tonight if the consensus is to dry hop towards the end of the ferment.

I also found the wort to be pretty dark from the crystal malt, see attached pic. I've cloned the recipe on MM to substitute the crystal and also try it with different hops next time.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 2021-06-20 14.41.59.jpg
    2021-06-20 14.41.59.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 37
Back