Nearly electrocuted myself...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linalmeemow

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've just started using an aquarium heater and a big bucket to maintain a steady temperature while fermenting. Today I took the FV out to take a gravity read - didn't think to unplug the heater while I did this. I tried to move the heater position when I put the FV back in the bucket and the glass part of the unit cracked, exposing the element to the water. Cue loud crackling and sizzling noises and a stink of burning! Fortunately I didn't have my hands in the water at the time or I'd have been fried...

.......... What an idiot.

Er .... I think nearly electrocuting yourself has kind of explained that aspect! :whistle: :whistle:

So says a man who has 137 stitch marks on his body; most of which were self-inflicted by being stupid or clumsy or both!! :thumb:

BTW

My house is pretty old so, knowing my propensity for doing stupid things, I changed out the existing cartridge fuses for the right sized models of these little gadgets as soon as I moved in!

http://www.screwfix.com/p/wylex-6a-sp-type-b-curve-mcb/48030

I hope yours worked okay! :thumb:

Latest posts

Back