Need a name for my new micropub/brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Google says you're built on four mills so how about going original with "the malt miller". May be that someone's already tried that though...

I assume you know the area, and thus know real ales are more likely to be a hit than the trendier american-style stuff.

What sort of crowd are you looking to draw? It's important when considering marketing. Hipster 20-somethings do not pick drinking establishments on the same merits that middle-aged rugby fans do. This also ought to affect your choice of decor.

I hate rugby, and I'm 38. Can you please pigeonhole me before I go out tomorrow night lol:laugh8:

I like the Edenbridge recommendation, the Kentish maid sounds a bit olde worldy if that's your bag

Cheers for all the ideas. To clarify the name is more for the micro pub part than the brewery, the demographics of the area are an older population and the town is very traditional looking so will be going for a traditional fairly rustic look/image. The mill is 2 doors down and the river is 4 in the other direction but the bit of the river that used to go to the mill is still there running along the back and is more of a pond. Having Eden in the name works well due to the river proximity.

Call the pub The Ale and Partridge and get a really classic sign done. Then have all the bar staff say "Ah Hahhh!" when anyone walks in.

Core Beers: Smell My Cheese, Back of the Net, Monkey Tennis, Dan!

Cheers for all the ideas. To clarify the name is more for the micro pub part than the brewery, the demographics of the area are an older population and the town is very traditional looking so will be going for a traditional fairly rustic look/image. The mill is 2 doors down and the river is 4 in the other direction but the bit of the river that used to go to the mill is still there running along the back and is more of a pond. Having Eden in the name works well due to the river proximity.

I would just try and play around with those 3 words, sounds like that would fit best with the traditions of the area. Really excited to hear how it all works out for you as well. Best of luck with everything.

The water mill
The Eden mill
The old mill
The garden

Latest posts

Back