Need a name for my new micropub/brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hop in, stagger out.
Though that might better describe your target customer.
In Chorley we have about 9 micro pubs. I like "The Bob Inn", which is a market stall.

I prefer a name that actually says what it is. Really miss the era when a bottle of beer just had a label on that said the name of the brewery and the type of beer.

So what's wrong with the "Edenbridge Brew-pub"?

Yeah. ..straight to the point! Or Edenbridge ale house.
Or...something not too fussy...Edenbridge hop Flower Ale House public bar brewery hipster heaven with beer and nuts.

I don't think you can really use the word eden if there's one already down the road using it. Also watch out for stuff that's already tied up with google. What I mean by that is that when someone upthread suggested the "edenbridge ale house" I googled it and that took me straight to the website of The Old Eden. Your website [and I presume you'll have one] will never get found in that case. Worse still google eden ale house and there's already a site using that exact phrase.

How about emphasising the micro aspect with something with a "mu" in it somewhere then make a mix-up like "µtual", or use it as micro with "µ-pub".

I googled both of those and noone has done it before.

Last edited:
Good publicity.
I think you need to go down the olde worlde route and pick something form Edenbridge history.

A bit of a google came up with the following for a starter

The Cutting Over the Tunnel (railway crossover close by)
The Crossover (see above)
The Tannery (historical)
The Augustus Corke (historical ref stone bridge warden)
The Secret (hidden) Cask (historical ref to evading excise duty)

So far i'm liking Eden or Edenbridge ale house, Eden or Edenbridge brew pub and the secret or hidden cask, Four Firkins OK as well. Many others I will use as beer names when the brewery is up and running. Thanks all if you think of anything else keep them coming. Do you think "Secret Cask Brew Pub" works?

So far i'm liking Eden or Edenbridge ale house, Eden or Edenbridge brew pub and the secret or hidden cask, Four Firkins OK as well. Many others I will use as beer names when the brewery is up and running. Thanks all if you think of anything else keep them coming. Do you think "Secret Cask Brew Pub" works?

I like the secret cask brew pub. Did you find out where this came from? There was a bit about fooling the excise men at a local pub with a secret passage where the casks were kept.

If you couple this with a history of the village/town then you cannot go wrong. Ask the locals to come up with their history, put some of it on the walls/ceiling and the locals feel very welcome even before you open. And those e form farther afield will also be interested in the the history AND THE BEER.

Okay, for maximum publicity go for "McDonalds Pub". They even sue people called McDonald so by the time they have sued you and you have told the local press that your great-great-great=great granny was a survivor of the Glencoe Massacre everyone within thirty miles will know that A) You brew and sell beer. B) The business of the same name are a bunch of pricks.

Alternatively, they will leave you alone and a lot of thirsty people who were looking for a mediocre burger and chips will be happily surprised!:thumb:Enjoy!:gulp:

PS

Don't forget to use the golden "M" in the name, otherwise they may ignore you!

Latest posts

Back