Need help please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chilly-uk

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and also the world of home brewing. I made a batch of IPA which was a huge success and family loved it so thought I would try wine next. However, I followed the instructions but unfortunately incorrectly read the hydrometer so processed a day early and the wine should have took 7 days to clear but after 2 weeks it is still cloudy and is really really sweet so isnt a chardonnay and still ferments over night-Anybody any suggestions please or have I ruined it?? Thank you

If you haven't added the stabiliser you could get more yeast and see if it will ferment more.

Hi, yes I have added the stabiliser on the 5th day rather than the 6th day.
Would you say its knackered and ready for the sink??
Thanks

I wouldn't give up just yet, i mistakenly put the stabiliser in a 30 bottle kit instead of the yeast so hydrated the yeast and the stabiliser didn't stop it fermenting, you will need to hydrate a sachet of yeast to give it its best chance, follow the instructions in the video.

I wouldn't give up just yet, i mistakenly put the stabiliser in a 30 bottle kit instead of the yeast so hydrated the yeast and the stabiliser didn't stop it fermenting, you will need to hydrate a sachet of yeast to give it its best chance, follow the instructions in the video.

Thank you, most helpful 👍 always good when A video shows you how so thanks again....

You can get wine yeasts specifically for restarting, but I suspect any general purpose wine yeast will suit the purpose

That’s the one I was thinking of.

Make sure you do what Chippy suggests with the hydration thing

That’s the one I was thinking of.

Make sure you do what Chippy suggests with the hydration thing
Perfect just purchased now so should be here by end of the week.
Yup I will doenload the video to the ipad so I can follow it to the book and fingers crossed it will work. Thank you so much for your helps guys its highly appreciated 👍

The yeast has now been done exactly as the video suggests so see what happens now, its in the hands of the yeast 👍 thanks all will keep you posted on the progress.
Im guessing 7 days?????

I would leave it a week before testing it.
Hi Chippy,
unfortunately didnt change it one bit in over a week so has gone down the sink 😪 ah well onto the next batch which is cider 👍
Thanks for your help tho, was worth a try. Stay safe.

Latest posts

Back