Need help with Vimto cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highland_dave

Reaction score
Hi folks. I have just tried making a batch of Marrsy's Vimto Cider. Turns out to be a total non starter. I tried decanting it to another dj, whisking it and adding more yeast, but nothing. Its been 3 days now, so its dead me thinks. Funny thing is that yesterday, I tried making another of the same again and its fine. Got a good head and bubbling away nicely. My only thought is that maybe I didn't simmer the vimto long enough. Would that cause any problems? Would it be worth putting the whole lot in a jelly pan and re-boiling?
Cheers for any advice.

This is weird, first time i tried it, it worked out fine (Although i did mine before Marrsy's

Are you adding Yeast nutrient? is it between 20 - 25 degrees C? Make sure you make it simmer for quite a while. i did mine for 20 minutes.

you could always just give it time, sometimes just a little stir will reactivate the yeast. Good luck!

Andy

hi there
i made mine nearly 2 months ago now.
it took five days to start, thanks to help on here i got it going with a good stir and away it went.
keep calm and try that. i boiled mine for about 20mins but maybe still so preservative left in, so taking a long time to start.
have had a wee taste of mine and it is very nice.will be better after a few months

Sorry, only just read the date! my bad! was looking through unanswered posts.

well that is good, worth another try? i think i may make up a another batch (drinking normal fizzy vimto now as well as having a few litres of normal vimto for another batch) i enjoyed the last one!

Andy

Back