Need some advice on mini (easy) keg bungs and party star deluxe tap?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berry454

Reaction score
Picked up a party star deluxe tap on eBay couldnt resist for £27! These fit the 5lt easy kegs.

I have some mini kegs and want to replace the bungs on them as the ones I have are not reusable.

What bungs can I buy which will be compatible with the party star deluxe tap? I seen these on eBay, would they be compatible with the tap?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/33408430...oiwzzbqqlq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=MORE
Also, regarding the party star deluxe tap, can I fit the tap to a mini keg, draw off a pint, add a little Co2 back in then keep the keg fresh for a few weeks before using the rest of the contents?

I know with these 5lt mini easy kegs you have to use the entire thing in a day or two or it goes flat. I'm hoping that I can keep the kegs fresh for at least a few weeks after pouring from it with the party star deluxe tap. Is this possible?

Any experiences people can share of the party star deluxe tap would be great please!!

THESE
We're the ones I used to use when I had some of those kegs. I vaguely remember the red tipped ones too but I don't think they sealed as well.
My memory may be playing tricks on me though so don't just take my word for it about the red ones.

Cheers Tom

THESE
We're the ones I used to use when I had some of those kegs. I vaguely remember the red tipped ones too but I don't think they sealed as well.
My memory may be playing tricks on me though so don't just take my word for it about the red ones.

Cheers Tom

Thanks Tom!

Upon checking the link they look like the single bung gray ones which are just one straight plug which goes in the top? If they're the gray ones I don't think they would be compatible as the gray ones have no hole in the middle. Not totally sure though as not much description on the website! Just don't want to buy bungs which don't fit the party star deluxe tap!

Do you remember how long your kegs used to stay fresh with the party star deluxe tap Tom? Hoping I can get more than a week out of the kegs!

Honestly, we only really drink beer when we go to the cinema and occasionally on the weekends. So I'd ideally want each keg to last a few weeks.

They look like the ones I used and have a nylon plug that fits in the centre of the bung from underneath, the tap's dip tube will push the plug out and into the keg while keeping the seal with the bung.
As far as I remember, the beer did last a couple of weeks once tapped as long as you keep the keg pressurised.
To be honest I found them to be a bit too much like hard work. They used more gas cartridges than I was expecting and were a pain to clean properly.
I know that plenty of people use them so maybe i never got the knack of using them properly

Cheers Tom

Back