NEIPA revelation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally ound some bottled NEIPA in a local Tesco. I've seen pics of this hazy, almost orange juice-looking concoction but not had a chance to taste one. Well, what can I say. I was blown away by the massive fragrant hit of hops but subtle bitterness. Needless to say, once I get back up to speed with AG I will be attempting a NEIPA. The AG kits are "reassuringly expensive" so will do my research before splurging my cash :)
Awesome, it's always brill when you discover a new beer style you like. athumb.. I had my first neipa a few years ago. A popples imperial neipa in Antwerp - totally floored me - love at first sip.

The local tap room, that has a very nice selection of cans that are priced like dd2 mentions.They stock plenty that you typically dont find in your local tesco or asda and you can pay £6+ for some of them.
Every now and then i call in and grab a few, certainly couldnt afford to do it regularly.In comparison brewdog from tesco is cheap, £9 for 8x 330ml cans.

Last edited:
In the grand scheme of what a lot of independent breweries are putting out, their price point is very keen. Not uncommon to see 440ml cans at £7 for heavily-hopped styles.

Not sure that means their beer is cheap and cheerful though - isn't that primarily because they're now working at a far greater scale? Their beers used to be ridiculously priced.

Not sure that means their beer is cheap and cheerful though - isn't that primarily because they're now working at a far greater scale? Their beers used to be ridiculously priced.
Yes cheap and cheerful usually implies a not very good standard but BrewDog beers are good beers, if not to everybody's taste.

Yes cheap and cheerful usually implies a not very good standard but BrewDog beers are good beers, if not to everybody's taste.

I agree that they are good beers. Some excellent offerings in the 440ml cans too.

There is absolutley nothing wrong with brewdog beer, you cant go wrong with pretty much any of their range of brews.I have spent plenty of money on their beers.True the price has dropped quite a bit in the last year or so.Hence cheap and cheerfull, probably because of the sheer volume they are producing now, and offering it to supermarkets in bulk cheap.

Hats off to the guys at brewdog, they even put their recipes on the website, cant recall may brewerys doing that eh?

Some of the smaller craft brewerys put out a smaller volume of beer thats still in demand, and can price it accordingly

I just made a batch of neipa tonight. A clone version of focal banger by Vermont based brewery 'The Alchemist'. I brewed it last year and it turned out great. Didn't look like how it probably should buy tasted fantastic. I am fermenting in a snubnose this time and close transferring to a corny. Hopefully that will make some difference but probably not to the appearance.

I brewed a NEIPA yesterday. No hops in the boil, just 40 grams each of Citra, Sabro and Azacca for a 20 minute steep at 80c. I put the hops in a very big grain mashing bag to help with lautering. 60 grams of each hop will go in when fermentation is done.

I brewed a NEIPA yesterday. No hops in the boil, just 40 grams each of Citra, Sabro and Azacca for a 20 minute steep at 80c. I put the hops in a very big grain mashing bag to help with lautering. 60 grams of each hop will go in when fermentation is done.

I hope it's a 10l batch.

I hope it's a 10l batch.

Aimed to fill a corny, maybe just under, and I know what you mean.

I was thinking on the morning of the brew day that maybe I should have gone for more hops, but I decided to stick with the plan for now and get the process right rather than mess up with even more hops. If this goes alright then I'll go for 500g in one batch.

I finally ound some bottled NEIPA in a local Tesco. I've seen pics of this hazy, almost orange juice-looking concoction but not had a chance to taste one. Well, what can I say. I was blown away by the massive fragrant hit of hops but subtle bitterness. Needless to say, once I get back up to speed with AG I will be attempting a NEIPA. The AG kits are "reassuringly expensive" so will do my research before splurging my cash :)
Brewstore do a good one. I was in New England last year and sampled some in a craft beer pub and it was very similar to the kit from Brewstore. I have done a couple of NEIPA and never had a problem with oxidation and I'm not the most cautious person when it comes to brewing. Bung it in boil it approach.

Latest posts

Back