Quantcast

Neipa water profile

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

liamf89

Reaction score
Hi I don't have my water profile and this is only info I can get online from water company without having to test water myself(see image). Was just wonder could I just add some chloride and/or sulphate to improve my Neipa without the water profile is there like a ball park figure what to add that can improve the hop flavour and aromas in this style..

Screenshot_20170531-204752.png

Screenshot_20170531-204746.png

liamf89

Reaction score
Do you know the total and residual hardness?
No that's only information I got about it.. Think my water is pretty soft never have problems with limescale or anything like that

doomy86

Reaction score
I'm not an expert on water chemistry but that seems to be the number in calcium ions.

You can find a good article on water chemistry "Water Knowledge" on Martin Brungards page: https://sites.google.com/site/brunwater/

There is also a free version of the brewing water calculator If you enter your numbers there you will get a complete picture.

liamf89

Reaction score
I'm not an expert on water chemistry but that seems to be the number in calcium ions.

You can find a good article on water chemistry "Water Knowledge" on Martin Brungards page: https://sites.google.com/site/brunwater/

There is also a free version of the brewing water calculator If you enter your numbers there you will get a complete picture.
Is residual chlorine same as residual hardness found a figure of 0. 1mg/l for it do I have enough information there to build my water profile

doomy86

Reaction score
No its not the same, i think if you have the total hardness and the ph of your water, the sheet can calculate the residual hardness for you.