NEIPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 23602

Landlord.
Reaction score
Is it possible to make a NEIPA or similar from a regular IPA Beer Kit and any necessary additions from my local homebrew shop?

What I'm ideally after is a yellow milk/smoothie look you get with a NEIPA, with fruity notes and a fruity and/or floral taste, anywhere from 4.5-7.5%.

I know this is asking a lot, especially for a beer kit, but it's what I want to try. I've uploaded a picture for your viewing pleasure.

Oegluti.jpg

I would go for extra light malt extract and a ton of cold-side hop additions and a highly flocculant English yeast. It'll get you close. Just to warn you, you'll need to drink it within 2-3 weeks if you are bottling. Oxidation destroys these beers painfully quickly.

I would go for extra light malt extract and a ton of cold-side hop additions and a highly flocculant English yeast. It'll get you close. Just to warn you, you'll need to drink it within 2-3 weeks if you are bottling. Oxidation destroys these beers painfully quickly.
You're becoming my regular guru.

If I got a 30 pint kit, would you go with 500g of extra light malt extract? And sorry, what's cold side hop? Can you name any highly flocculant English yeasts?

I wouldn't go for a kit. I would go for all extra light dry malt extract. Lots and lots of hops added at flameout and as a dry hop. Safale S-04 should serve you well.

Any reason why you can't do just extracts and hop yourself? You don't need any extra equipment if you have a stock pot.

Personally I wouldn't bother. Even using all grain it is really hard to come close to the likes of what verdant etc produce.

I don't see how a kit or extract will come close. It would cost you **** loads. You have forgot about the main thing about these beers, water treatment. That's keys

Latest posts

Back