Nespresso for beer’

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don’t market extract kits as “the only way to experience fresh beer at home” though. There are still a lot of people out there who think home brewing is for making rocket fuel and can make you go blind, this isn’t doing anything to change that perception.
I had that the other week Mick was talking to a guy on hols in Tummel Valley i said i brew my own at home his first words were you will be able to drink this all day then :laugh8: so i educated him showed him some pics on my phone he bought me a pint and said tell me more clapa

If you got one cheap enough you could fill it with your fermented wort then "bottle condition" and dispense from it.

Just put the rest of the batch into a barrel or bottles.

I had that the other week Mick was talking to a guy on hols in Tummel Valley i said i brew my own at home his first words were you will be able to drink this all day then :laugh8: so i educated him showed him some pics on my phone he bought me a pint and said tell me more clapa
Were you staying at the Tummel Valley Holiday Park? One of my wife’s pals owns a caravan there.

Back in 1998 they let our Scout troop in for free to watch the World Cup semi finals during our summer camp at a nearby field as well.

Check out the company and one of their previous home brew attempts on Dragons Den here...

Last edited:
You think that fools and their money aren't easily parted? 🤪 Not often you see somebody who decides to stand up for fools.... lol

As long as it does what it says it does, it's of good quality and that's what the purchaser wants, or if they think it might make a nice present, then that person is hardly a fool. However, if they expect to be buying something like a Grainfather for the £75 or whatever it is this particular machine costs, then yes, they'd be a fool.

Don't forget we have hundreds of years experience between us and we can spot the over-priced, the fad and the lame duck and know that for a few hours work and less money than the cost of one of those units we can be brewing all grain beer.

I wouldn't mind betting many people here own kitchen gadgets such as soup makers, toasted sandwich makers, smoothie makers and the like. All arguably pointless if you have a kitchen with pans and a blender.

Hopefully, at least some of those people might find a forum like this if they want to find out more about brewing at home. Maybe they did buy it under some illusion and are 'fools' but if it leads them here and it becomes a hobby they enjoy and become really proficient at, who cares?

Much like when the occasional person signs up to a forum, asks for a clone recipe for Carling or Fosters and gets sneered and laughed at and disappears never to even start brewing. Rather than telling them it's a **** beer, we should be telling them that it's an extremely difficult beer to brew at home, but if they like that style of beer, here's something they can brew at home and they might like, they might give it a go and become more adventurous in their beer drinking.

Let's face it for £75 to start into homebrewing whether intrigued to venture further there is certainly no harm and surely should not be knocked by those of us who haven't seen it, tried it or tatsed the final product.
How many of us have been given a brew your own "Starter" kit to find out there is more to it and next thing I'll get this, need this, must have and gotta get to then push it to the one side and give up or buy a fancy all in one brewing system then end up with infections you never had before with your old kit.
Now count the cost of what you have spent on equipment not including your time, electric and endless hours of worry. It's only beer and someone else has another idea to help simplify for others.

Given how many older people there are on this forum, you would thing that more would be familiar with old sayings, and not get so far up their own rear ends when one is used... I stand by it though, if you spend £75 for a small pressure fermenter that FORCES you to only ever use extract kits from the manufacturer, then you failed to do any research, research very easily done in the modern era of the internet, and that makes you a fool.

If you disagree with this, sorry, I honestly don't give 2 hoots. Feel free to carry on enabling shoddy companies like this one ripping off folks who may have an interest in joining the hobby (I suggest you have a look at the history of the Y Not festival, it's hardly covered in glory....). I certainly won't be joining in with you though, and will continue to tell people that beer made with extract kits tastes like liquid poop to anybody with any properly working taste buds too. :tongue: I'm not here to make friends or get people to like me, I'm here to share ideas, opinions, get ideas etc.

And after you've spent £75 for the fermenter it then works out at up to £1.50 a pint! I'd rather buy some nice bottles of proper ale from the shop for the same price.

Last edited:
I’ve been on the FB page there seems to be issues with the taps leaking and loosing a lot of beer when venting. Not a route I’ll be following though, I’ve yet to brew a AG batch but that’s down to getting my shed finished and sorted 🍺

Latest posts

Back