Netflix vs Amazon Prime

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Netflix or Amazon Prime

• Netflix

• Amazon Prime

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have both and watch far more on Netflix than prime. I really like the premier League coverage that Amazon do but I think they only have 2 game weeks a season, never watched any if the other sports so couldn't say if they are any good

I voted Netflix for the simple reason that once you pay your monthly fee, everything they have to offer is available to you. There are no hidden extras. I had prime on trial a few times and the amount of stuff that you had to pay extra for was ridiculous. It isn't just a flat fee. I also think it's ridiculous that if you want a movie from them, it could cost you about £15 to buy it. Or a fiver to rent it. Pretty shocking when some of the movies they have are about 30 years old and been on TV countless times. It just reeks of preying on people that are technophobes.

It's a toughie.

I use Prime for deliveries, photo storage, streaming music whilst I work, for my kindle and Video. Even if you don't shop with it much it's still pretty good value. They've also just added imdb tv which has ads which I could live with in return for lots of content.

Netflix though win it in terms of content available. Some of the documentaries on Prime Video are awful.

I hadn't replied to this thread yet as I couldn't decided one or the other. If Prime Video didn't come with the other stuff I'd never subscribe, but it does.

I do try to limit what I buy from Amazon, and if I see an independent retailer is having to use them as a shopfront I do try to buy from them direct.

I have both as well as others and Netflix is the most watched for content as everything as mentioned is available whereas PRIME is limited though some good stuff but has it's advantages with delivery and prime reading which I do use a lot.I did vote for NF as you can't choose both....Oh and if you use prime more than twice a month for ordering goods it's a no brainer for deilvery cost saving.

I have both as well as others and Netflix is the most watched for content as everything as mentioned is available whereas PRIME is limited though some good stuff but has it's advantages with delivery and prime reading which I do use a lot.I did vote for NF as you can't choose both....Oh and if you use prime more than twice a month for ordering goods it's a no brainer for deilvery cost saving.
Plus prime members get good cheaper. Plus save loads if you purchase gift cards to use at Amazon

I have both but really use Netflix far more.
Only really watching a couple of series on Prime and when they aren't on then I only check it out if there's nothing to watch elsewhere.
I am very much enjoying Wheel of Time on Prime though (once I got past the first two episodes).

Back