New £50 Note.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to refuse to take them when I had my Garage as too many forgeries around hopefully these will sort it. Also good to see Alan Turing on it he was treat really bad by the government

I used to refuse to take them when I had my Garage

When i worked behind the bar in a pub in town we used to refuse to take them as like you said there were a lot of forgeries doing the rounds back then.

This was back in the days before UV checkers.

Last edited:
When I bought my last car from a dealer we were talking payment and he said they didn't accept £50 notes and obviously preferred bacs payment.
Said they have to check each note because of forgeries.
When it came to collect and pay a week later, I got a call 20 minutes beforehand from the salesman telling me they hadn't fitted the towbar as 'the mechanics didn't have time and would knock couple hundred off the price' and hadn't replaced the missmatched back tyres as promised, because they still had plenty of life left in them. (I won't drive a car with missmatched linglang ditch finders)
So I drove by the bank and got all £14000 in cash.... Most of it in fifties.

His face was priceless. I sat in the waiting room flirting with the receptionist and eating my own bodyweight in choccy biscuits and working on my laptop whilst he checked every note.
Turned out OK in the end, as the smoking hot receptionist ended up going on a weekend away to Barcelona with me - and the car was brilliant.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back