New AEB cornies - pricey

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was just looking at new AEB cornies on TMM - they've jumped in price a bit, to £98 for a 19L, and £104 for 23L(19L also out of stock). It's a shame as the new ones are slimmer compared to reconditioned, meaning I'd get 4 in my fridge. I'm not sure I could justify the extra £9 per keg. It may just swing me to the £60 grade A reconditioned from BKT, despite them being wider. I already have a reconditioned one from BKT and it's just as good as the new AEB, despite it being older than I am!

Please note, I am not complaining or asking why prices are increasing as I am aware of the sorts of reasons for such price jumps. Just a fact of life right now.

I was just looking at new AEB cornies on TMM - they've jumped in price a bit, to £98 for a 19L, and £104 for 23L(19L also out of stock). It's a shame as the new ones are slimmer compared to reconditioned, meaning I'd get 4 in my fridge. I'm not sure I could justify the extra £9 per keg. It may just swing me to the £60 grade A reconditioned from BKT, despite them being wider. I already have a reconditioned one from BKT and it's just as good as the new AEB, despite it being older than I am!

Please note, I am not complaining or asking why prices are increasing as I am aware of the sorts of reasons for such price jumps. Just a fact of life right now.
Just bought 2 superior quality reconditioned kegs from BKT - £57.50 each. Both are excellent and now full of beer

I have a new kegland one (9.5L I think) and I kind of prefer it to the AEB ones I have, as the opening to the keg is not so sharp (I have grazed my arm on the AEB ones in the past). The lid also seems easier to put on too.
I’m a big fan of all the kegland stuff. Seems to be the best range of home brewing products and all a decent price!

£104 for a 23L keg seems like a good price though. I have seen them for closer to £200 in the past.

I have a new kegland one (9.5L I think) and I kind of prefer it to the AEB ones I have, as the opening to the keg is not so sharp (I have grazed my arm on the AEB ones in the past). The lid also seems easier to put on too.
I have one of the 9l kegland, a 19l maltmiller branded one and one of the new 19l AeB from MM. Prefer the slimmer profile for the same reason as you mention although I have 2 re conditioned and I can get 4 in my fridge with two of the new type. The Maltmiller branded are very similar to kegland version.

£104 for a 23L keg seems like a good price though. I have seen them for closer to £200 in the past.
It's cheaper than the 23L Chinese kegs from The Homebrew Shop which I use - they are £108, although when I bought mine they were £111. I prefer them to standard corneys because the posts are very easy to remove for cleaning (and very easy to replace if necessary).

I bought a set of 3 reconditioned kegs here in Ireland which are of great quality and cheaper when bought together.

However, they had slightly different posts on them (with pink double o-rings) which made them a nightmare to connect liquid and gas lines. So I had to swap all the posts out and bang went my savings!

If I was buying again, I’d go for the taller hence slimmer Kegland or AEB kegs as I too would get 4 of them into my keezer.

Didnt want to start a new thread just for this one question, and its sort of relevant to this anyway as I am in the market for cornies, but is there anywhere is particular folk would recommend for a beer tower/taps. I have been round all the usual suspects and if I am being hinest, they are pricier than I thought.... If circa £100 to 150 is what im going to have to pay for a 2 tap tower then so be it, just wanting to make sure I havent missed anywhere I should have looked.......

Didnt want to start a new thread just for this one question, and its sort of relevant to this anyway as I am in the market for cornies, but is there anywhere is particular folk would recommend for a beer tower/taps. I have been round all the usual suspects and if I am being hinest, they are pricier than I thought.... If circa £100 to 150 is what im going to have to pay for a 2 tap tower then so be it, just wanting to make sure I havent missed anywhere I should have looked.......
I think I paid 75 for a 19litrer kegland keg. Slim version

@AnimatedGIF if you fancy for some skinny used kegs, please get in touch. I have 3 stripped down, i guess I never get around to put them back together.
Sorry, I thought I'd replied to this! Thanks, I recently got 3 second hand from a lady locally. I must admit, my wife is starting to ask questions about all my equipment 😫

You can try kegland official on AliExpress, if you want to save money. They tried to rip me off once, and their customer service is Chinese. So I don't use them again, neither anything kegland.

Just received 2 brand new kegs from BKT today and I will never buy refurbished again. Seeing as they're only £75 new and they look beautiful!

but is there anywhere is particular folk would recommend for a beer tower/taps.
Buy some 2.5” mild steel tubing, a couple of cheap eBay flow control taps and build it yourself!
3EC409A3-4EF2-4D92-9AC0-F4B7502DD66A.jpeg

Back