New AG brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tractorboy

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a new AG brewer based in the Forest of Dean.

I'm have previously made plenty of brews using extract kits, but have now taken the plunge and dipped my toe in the water with AG brewing.
Because of the money that I am saving on fuel from working at home, I managed to convince the wife of the necessity of an AG brewing kit..
I went for a 30l BrewDevil after seeing plenty of positive feedback on it, and thus far have been very impressed.
I have made my first brew, which is currently fermenting, and although my SG came out a little low, I found the whole process to be fairly straight forward, and more importantly, enjoyable.
My brew was an Export Porter kit from The Malt Miller as I am a big fan of porters. It has now been fermenting for almost a week, and still has some activity, so I will probably leave it going for another week before barrelling it.

I look forward to engaging on the forum and learning from all the master brewers on the site.

I like your logic on reinvesting your saved travel costs. You'll fit in well around here. Welcome to the forum!

Back