New Aussie Flavour Hop ⁠ - Eclipse Hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Get_Er_Brewed

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
This is exciting for us to receive this hop as we visited the farm in Australia with Simply Hops during harvest 2019 and got to talk to the breeder and immerse ourselves in sensory experience of hop selecting in the hop breeding garden⁠. We are proud to offer the full Hop Products Australia range and Eclipse is sure to impress you....

From the same "stable" as the elusive Galaxy & Vic Secret so you know it's going to be a big hitter with flavour and aroma⁠

Sweet Mandarin, Zesty Citrus & fresh pine needles⁠

https://www.geterbrewed.com/eclipse-australia-hop-pellets-2020-alpha-rating-16.9/⁠

Attachments

• GEB-SM-Eclipse-Hops.jpg
    GEB-SM-Eclipse-Hops.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 59
We've seen a really good pick up on this variety and only have a small volume of it until the new harvest , if your wanting to try some I wouldn't leave it too long before you buy it .
We did a video on it if you want a little more info
Plus we have a few collaborations with local breweries in the pipeline

Got some and looking forward to trying this out!

So I made a quite simple AG with this (ignore the two different types of base grain as I was at the end of one and starting another) here are my results:

1620893371093.png

For reference the poison is just me saying hop bitterness.

I found this to be one of the best new hops that I have tried and I have tried loads. I would say as an impact hop (in the sense that I thought this was a stand out type) it was in the same league as Galaxy which I really liked and Nelso which I didn't (because I don't like white wine). That is not to say that these three hops taste like each other but rather that you think "wow that is different" If you are looking for an orange taste to your beer then this to me is better than Amarillo and far better than Mandarina Bavaria in my opinion. It was less harsh than Citra can be in the finished beer and came through as sweet manderins as it says in the descriptors. The beer I made was a bit mono in flavour having just used two hops but was so moreish it barely reached the garage for further conditioning after spending its two weeks initial bottle conditioning in doors. Not sure then how long that flavour will last but have just bought another 200G to make this beer again and then use it in a more complex hop profile beer with some thing delivering stone fruit...not sure what yet.

Back