New boy in Chepstow

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stretchie_

Reaction score
Hi all, I just started brewing from kits before Christmas.

I was pointed here from a facebook group as I was asking about using 5l mini kegs (Huber style) and was told about a very lengthy thread on that exact subject in here.

I've done a few kits now, all following the 2-2-2 method. I'm just drinking a Wilko red devil kit, I have 36 pints of a Courage Directors kit that have a week left until drinking, but I'll be having a cheeky "test" tonight.

A ciderworks superior cider kit ready for bottling this weekend, but I'm planning on filling two mini kegs and bottling the rest, so need to find and read this thread about the kegs as it'll be the first time I've used them.

I also have a Coopers 40 pint cerveza kit I started this week, that's mainly for the father in law, I'm not a lager fan, but I'll be having a go.

And I have a Coopers real ale 40 pint kit that I'll get started a few days after I empty the first fermentation barrel of the cider.

I'm planning on doing a brew every two-ish weeks so I don't run out.

I've got enough bottles and kegs for 6 kits in total now, 120 bottles and 12 kegs.

As a side note, my belly keeps expanding since I started drinking all this extra beer, not sure if it's related : )

So hi, and thanks for letting me in.

Dan

Welcome to the forum thumb.

As a side note, my belly keeps expanding since I started drinking all this extra beer, not sure if it's related : )

I used to wonder if the amount of beer i drink was to blame for my expanding waistline but i soon realised it was the many pies i eat with it that was doing most of the damage. ;)

Welcome to the forum. Like you I started in early December. I’ve done a few kits, a Simply Ale kit, a Coopers Hefe Wheat kit which turned out great. Both are almost gone. I have a Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA conditioning and I’ll be bottling a Festival Oaked Apple Cider tomorrow. Then I’ll be putting on a Bruphoria James Blonde Ale kit and a Mangrove Jacks Bavarian Wheat beer kit. I’m going to save these 4 brews until May and get stuck in then. Oh yeah I also did a Pinot Grigio wine kit and have 29 bottles of that to look forward to as well.
I’m running 5K every second day to keep the waistline in check and prevent expansion. At the weekends I’m buying 5-6 craft beers in 500ml bottles as a way of trying different beer styles and collecting bottles. It’s great, I’m loving it. This forum is a great place, I’ve learnt loads so far. Plenty more to learn.

Back