New boy on the block

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsh2655

Reaction score
Hi folks
Dave here, recently arrived (for good) from South Africa
The brewing bug bit me in my mid 20's when I watched and sampled a friend's attempts ... and followed suit ...
Albeit with marginal success, due in the main to my impatience and the fact that my employment entailed regular transfers.
Over time I gave up, until about 6 years ago, when I stumbled on a second hand copy of Dave Line's the 'Big Book of Brewing' (still have it)
The intervening four decades had matured me somewhat and I discovered that marvelous quality 'patience'; and taking Dave's advice I got into full grain brewing and vastly improved on my earlier youthful attempts; thoroughly delighting in my re-found hobby, and some palatable success
It was with sadness that I disposed of my rudimentary equipment once the decision to leave the continent of my birth and settle in the land of my forebears
Once settled I will once again take up this hobby
Great to be part of this forum
Dave

Welcome Dave.
No point in hanging about, get some more rudimentary kit and start brewing in the kitchen on the cooker, would be my advice. What stuff did you used to brew in South Africa. Dave Line started loads o us off on our brewing careers- me included, but things have moved on a bit from there; I'd recommend an early edition of Graham Wheeler.
What part of the UK do you hope to settle in?

Welcome Dave.
No point in hanging about, get some more rudimentary kit and start brewing in the kitchen on the cooker, would be my advice. What stuff did you used to brew in South Africa. Dave Line started loads o us off on our brewing careers- me included, but things have moved on a bit from there; I'd recommend an early edition of Graham Wheeler.
What part of the UK do you hope to settle in?
Hello An, presently in Didcot, thanks for the advice re Graham Wheeler !!!
Intend feeling my way before taking the plunge

Welcome mate! I hope you enjoy both the UK and this site - I've found so much out here!

Back