New CML yeasts announced!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the Crossmyloof website, for Brew Yeast:

"INSTRUCTIONS: Although Crossmyloof Yeasts don’t require rehydration, cleaner, quicker and more professional results will be produced if rehydrated before use. For all strains add the sachet contents to 100ml of water previously boiled and adjusted to a temperature between 21-25°c. If fermenting at a lower temp (i.e. using Kolsch at a lower temp), rehydrate using 100 ml of 17-20°C water. Stir gently into a yeast cream, let stand for 15-20 minutes then add yeast cream directly to wort. Alternatively the dry yeast can be added directly to the wort by sprinkling onto the surface and leaving to stand for 10-15 minutes before stirring. Aerate your wort once the yeast has been pitched for 5 minutes"

For Beirm Yeast:

"Alternatively, sprinkle the yeast in 100ml of sterile water or boiled wort at 24 to 29°C (75°F to 84°F)*. Leave to rest 15 to 30 minutes, gently stir and pitch the resultant cream into the fermentation vessel. *Hell Pilsner yeast rehydration temp is between 15 to 25°C (59°F to 77°F)"

Has anyone bought the liquid yeasts that CML sell? If so what’s your opinion?
They're WHC ones, so they're fairly shameless knockoffs of the usual Wyeast and White Lab offerings, for instance their Bond is suspiciously similar to WLP007 (nudge, nudge, geddit?). So they shouldn't be too different to the Wyeast/White Lab equivalents, all other things being equal (such as handling temperatures, logistic chains etc) which they won't be.

Didn't like their Saison yeast much, I have only used M29 before and thought it gave better results.

(This is probably where I end up looking silly after someone tells me CML Saison is repackaged MJ)

They have updated their website recently so you can go through their yeasts and many of them tell you what to expect. Ie, Atlantic - Similar to SO5 but with a rounder palate, Clipper - Similar to London Ale 3 etc.

Back