New CML yeasts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do folks think of the Midland yeast, which is supposed to be a Notty type? I have bought some and the first brew is now bottled and carbing (and some trub from that in a second brew now in the FV, and there is a thick creamy krausen in place athumb.. ).
I like Notty because it sticks to the bottom of the bottle but I noticed that the bottles carbing up with the Midland yeast will cloud when moved. I'm sure Notty doesnt do that.

I love notty for it's massive temp range (15C-27C) as I dont have temp control so can always use it as a goto if I dont have anything else in. Notty sticks to the bottom of the bottles like poo to a blanket. So maybe its not notty then?

CML have closed they're online shop till tomorrow because of the amount of orders, Arrgh!!!
Link is for the ebay site. Still lots of the fancy yeast but only Belgian and Kristalweizen in the normies.

I think I might of already asked but I have a packet of the hog norsk in the fridge. What can I use it on. It says northern European ale.
Any suggestions

I think I might of already asked but I have a packet of the hog norsk in the fridge. What can I use it on. It says northern European ale.
Any suggestions
I have used for a bitter and vienna lager. Both went fine. Vienna lager was fermented at around 24 degrees, it was still quite clean flavour - very good beer. I think it is quite versatile yeast

I didn't know but CML has as well Amazon store CLICK

Any suggestions
I found it quite neutral, perhaps with a very slight pepper note but if it was caused by the yeast, it conditioned out fairly quickly (it may have been the hops I used). I did a sort of ESB / Best bitter with it at about 24°. A good summer yeast.

For the Hog Norsk I made Arctic Ale, an IPA using MO and Honey Malt, hopped with Styrian Wolf and Rakau. Lovely beer all gone now.

@MyQul both Bitter and Vienna didn't have any late hoping or dry hopping - as for bittering it was absolutely fine. Vienna Lager tasted like it should, so I would say yeast had very neutral profile. Didn't do any really hoppy beer with it. Done some with Kveik Voss and it was really great !

I have used as well Beorn for bitter and it was very very clear beer straight after fermentation - I think cleanest beer so far, same in bottles.

@MyQul both Bitter and Vienna didn't have any late hoping or dry hopping - as for bittering it was absolutely fine. Vienna Lager tasted like it should, so I would say yeast had very neutral profile. Didn't do any really hoppy beer with it. Done some with Kveik Voss and it was really great !

I have used as well Beorn for bitter and it was very very clear beer straight after fermentation - I think cleanest beer so far, same in bottles.

I really like Beoir. It's my 'cold weather' bitter yeast as if can ferment so low and the attenuation isnt massive

Back