New CML yeasts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, China is never referred to as down under here. Generally just NZ and Oz, might be South Africa at a pinch, which certainly does plenty of dry wine yeasts. How much of Mauri is still based in Oz for instance?

Nah, China is never referred to as down under here. Generally just NZ and Oz, might be South Africa at a pinch, which certainly does plenty of dry wine yeasts. How much of Mauri is still based in Oz for instance?
As I said, a red herring. Mauri is a bread yeast. CN-36 analysis.

Attachments

• Yeast Comparison Report Keg King.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 363
Last edited:
I did an ESB with the CML four.

It was only a 10l batch, and I did pitch the whole pouch (directly into the fermenter after about half an hour with an air pump / stone), but 36 hours from pitch to full attenuation was pretty impressive!

Attachments

• F316D3F0-C24A-4BED-AE33-F071C449C3D5.png
    F316D3F0-C24A-4BED-AE33-F071C449C3D5.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 320
Cool graph, that’s pretty incredible, I’d have expected at least some horizontal before it started but apparently not!

I’m bottling a pale ale made with the Hog Norsk tonight. I haven’t actually done a gravity reading (and therefore no taste test yet) but it’s had three weeks and I’m happy that there’s been no activity for about two and a half weeks. It went off quickly and seems like it finished quickly too

Cool graph, that’s pretty incredible, I’d have expected at least some horizontal before it started but apparently not!

Yeah, I put a sachet of haze into a flask of wort a while ago to try and get it going before dumping into a batch that had stalled, and there was krausen on the top within a couple of hours.

At bottling, I’m pleased with the Hog Norsk yeast. The recipe was 20% flaked grains and it’s still down to 1.008. Seems very clean, and after a 2 day cold crash I’d call it medium to high flocculation.

Whats teh verdict I am still very stand offish about CML yeasts I want to try the Kolsh but the US and Real Ale have been sub par I personally find.

Whats teh verdict I am still very stand offish about CML yeasts I want to try the Kolsh but the US and Real Ale have been sub par I personally find.

Kolsh is good. Havent tried the US. The Real Ale would be good in a shilling beer as it is very malty but not much esters. So I didnt like it in a Bitter (as I prefer my Bitters with lots of esters - highly recommed MJ Liberty Bell for Bitters). As I mentioned in the other thread, very impressed with the CaliCommon (at low temps).

I've only used Kolsch, US Pale and the Real Ale and won't be using the latter two again. The beers were ok but I prefer gervin/notty/bry 97 and us05 for the beers I made with them.

The Kolsch though was excellent, I pitched two packs straight into the beers I made with it and they produced very good beers.

Here's one, a brown/bitter hybrid thing. This was 9 days after brewing it, 3 days after bottling. You can see it drops quick :)
kolsch.jpg

recipe if you want

OG 1.044
weyerman Pils - 82.3%
Crystal dark - 5.5%
invert no2/3 - 4.1%
Crystal medium - 3.8%
torrified wheat - 3.4%
roasted barley - 0.8%

Hops
Magnum 20g 60mins
wet hallertau mittelfruh 250g 15mins