New CML yeasts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a black lager with CML Hell and while the recipe was wrong, the clean yeast flavour is actually great. I'm planning on making a Helles on Saturday so I can compare side by side with the Kolsch that's about to come out of the brew fridge.

I made a black lager with CML Hell and while the recipe was wrong, the clean yeast flavour is actually great. I'm planning on making a Helles on Saturday so I can compare side by side with the Kolsch that's about to come out of the brew fridge.
I’m about to use the Helles yeast, only problem is I only bought 1 packet and they recommended 2 at 12 degrees, did you pitch 1 or 2?

For what it’s worth I made a porter using the Beoir yeast last month, I’ve made the same recipe using 04. The Beoir yeast made a difference in that the malt shone through a lot more. Very pleased with it.

Beoir did very well in our Corncrake clone and it's so flocculant that the beer is seriously clear.

2 packs of Hell got pitched into the Czech Pilsner we made yesterday, fermenting at 12c. Not made a lager in over 18 months and it my mates first one so fingers crossed.

Just kegged an APA that I used the PIA yeast on, I have been very pleased with it and will definitely use again.

I used their US Pale Ale yeast yesterday and it going like a train, this will finish in 3 days. I'll then leave it so it's had 7 days and transfer to 2fv on Tuesday next week.

It's the best I have used for a nice hoppy pale ale. I know your not into overly hopped beer. What style have you planned. I have used it a fair bit over the last year

A blonde ale.* I'll be doing some knock out hops so I'm hoping the pia lets the flavour of those stand out

Edit * or a cream ale

Last edited:
Just a quick update on the Beoir Celtic yeast, the house mild I did with it is excellent. Very malty, especially for a mild that has a reasonable % of sugars. Highly recommended.

The Pia yeast has also made a cracking job of my hoppy golden ale. Very neutral with hops shining through, also highly recommended.

Screenshot 2020-02-02 at 13.30.00.png

Back