New crossmyloof 'Haze' yeast.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20190907_223806.jpg

This is my neipa effort with CML haze yeast!

What hops did you use

100g each of centennial tomahawk and Amarillo, 20g of each at 5 mins, 20g of each at flameout and 2x 20g of each dry hopped, once during active fermentation. I think I may have chucked in some citra too at some stage to use up what I had left.

Well it looks like a neipa! How does it taste? Might have to give the haze yeast a try.

Thanks! Tastes nice, very fruity it's a bit young yet, probably better in a week or two. Bit disappointed in how its carbed but that's my fault, think the temps dropped a bit in the garage.

How would Idaho pair with equinox. I have 225g of Idaho that I planned doing a single hop but I might end up adding another.

Hmm i dont know. Initial thoughts are that you couldnt 50/50 it because both are very dominant hops and one might blank out the other. If you did i might be inclined to do a 75/25 either way to see how well they play together.

Hmm i dont know. Initial thoughts are that you couldnt 50/50 it because both are very dominant hops and one might blank out the other. If you did i might be inclined to do a 75/25 either way to see how well they play together.
I haven't used either so I might play it safe and go with a single hop Idaho 7. Then experiment the next time around. Idaho is meant to pair well with citra and mosaic from reading up online. Equinox seems to be either a love it or hate it kind of hop.

I love Equinox/Ekuanot. Not dissimilar to Citra for me, so should pair nicely with Idaho 7. I'd go heavier on the Equinox.

Depending on how much hop flavour and aroma you are after, I'd be inclined to use about 30-40g Idaho 7 near the end of the boil and 50g Equinox. Another 50g Equinox dry hop and maybe 25g Idaho 7.

I have 225g of Idaho and 100g of equinox
Don't mess about.

For a 24L batch (final vol) with a Chloride/Sulfate ratio of 2/1 go with

50g Idaho7/50g Ekuanot - 60 min hop stand @76oC - that'll give you about 23IBU's

Bio trans dry hop @day 1 of active fermentation of 50g Idaho7

after day 7 has passed since bio trans addition - add in 125g Idaho7 and 50g Of Ekuanot for 5 day dry hop

Cold crash and package, Job done.

You can thank me later.

Don't mess about.

For a 24L batch (final vol) with a Chloride/Sulfate ratio of 2/1 go with

50g Idaho7/50g Ekuanot - 60 min hop stand @76oC - that'll give you about 23IBU's

Bio trans dry hop @day 1 of active fermentation of 50g Idaho7

after day 7 has passed since bio trans addition - add in 125g Idaho7 and 50g Of Ekuanot for 5 day dry hop

Cold crash and package, Job done.

You can thank me later.
This sounds more up my street. Brew is going on tonight acheers.

905E01FF-2517-4076-9081-0A78A6EEE3A7.jpeg

Kegged my effort today in between my brew day.

Early tastes are very positive so I can’t wait until this has had a few days to settle in the keg. First look is not masses of yeast character, but a hazy appearance and the hops are just

Hmmmm I might have used wet yeast once or twice. Why do you ask?
Was reading another thread today and someone commented on how far superior they were. Was online looking for a suitable liquid yeast. And searched the site and seen you and Dan had both tried Vermont at a stage. Was looking to see if you noticed the difference

Was reading another thread today and someone commented on how far superior they were. Was online looking for a suitable liquid yeast. And searched the site and seen you and Dan had both tried Vermont at a stage. Was looking to see if you noticed the difference
It all depends on what you are looking to achieve. Wet yeast gives you the ability to access a wide range of style variants and to be able to get some very specific yeast character. Whereas In my view you can achieve 90% of what you want with dried yeast these days. If you starting out, dried yeast is the way as it offers quality, performance and price. Feel free to ask more questions if you need to.

I am new enough to the forum but have been brewing a good few years. I have an idaho 7 equinox IPA on at the min. Using the cml haze yeast. If it turns out well I would be up for a swap. I had planned to send Dan one as the last swap I did the beer I sent was over carbonated. I will let you know how it turns out

I am new enough to the forum but have been brewing a good few years. I have an idaho 7 equinox IPA on at the min. Using the cml haze yeast. If it turns out well I would be up for a swap. I had planned to send Dan one as the last swap I did the beer I sent was over carbonated. I will let you know how it turns out
Yeah sure let me know. Initial thoughts are that these hops and yeast are a great combo.

Latest posts

Back