New crossmyloof 'Haze' yeast.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested in trying both the Pia and BEòIR yeasts from their new range, so would be interested in reviews of either of those.

I’ve got both of those waiting to be used. I’ll try to remember to post a review, although I’m just starting to experiment with water chemistry and different hopping rates, so won’t be sure if I’ll be able to tell whether any differences in taste, aroma etc are due to the yeast alone. I guess I’ll at least be able to say if the yeast works and whether the beer turns out good or not!

I'm interested in trying both the Pia and BEòIR yeasts from their new range, so would be interested in reviews of either of those.

Not what you asked, but I've got a brew on the go at the minute with the Høg-Norsk yeast. With the good weather we just had I was thought I'd give it a go as it can ferment up to 28 c. I just left it in the kitchen and it was happily fermenting away at 25. Reached FG within 2 and a half days, very pleased. Tastes very nice as well.

I'd be interested in hearing about the Beoir if you decide to give it a go.

Not what you asked, but I've got a brew on the go at the minute with the Høg-Norsk yeast. With the good weather we just had I was thought I'd give it a go as it can ferment up to 28 c. I just left it in the kitchen and it was happily fermenting away at 25. Reached FG within 2 and a half days, very pleased. Tastes very nice as well.

I'd be interested in hearing about the Beoir if you decide to give it a go.
What kind of beer did you do with it mate?

What kind of beer did you do with it mate?

A pale ale. Maris Otter, oat malt and wheat malt with a 60 minute hop addition, a whirlpool addition and two rounds of dry hops. Smells great Gonna be tough leaving this one a few weeks.

A pale ale. Maris Otter, oat malt and wheat malt with a 60 minute hop addition, a whirlpool addition and two rounds of dry hops. Smells great Gonna be tough leaving this one a few weeks.
Cool mate. I might try something similar

So beer has finished fermenting and is tasting awesome out of the fermenter! Can’t believe how hazy it is using only pale malts. Lots of hop aroma and taste akin to the NEIPA style. Hit my FG of 1.012 so it’s coming in around 5% - more a NEPA then. Well happy with it and will report back in a few days once bottles have carbonated at least a bit. It’s miles superior to their standard yeasts. I’d say it wasn’t that close to US05 that’s I’ve used quite a few times. Less clean and flocculant obviously.

Attachments

• B6C87DD7-F006-4CC3-B2F9-4F143EF34673.jpeg
    B6C87DD7-F006-4CC3-B2F9-4F143EF34673.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 308
So beer has finished fermenting and is tasting awesome out of the fermenter! Can’t believe how hazy it is using only pale malts. Lots of hop aroma and taste akin to the NEIPA style. Hit my FG of 1.012 so it’s coming in around 5% - more a NEPA then. Well happy with it and will report back in a few days once bottles have carbonated at least a bit. It’s miles superior to their standard yeasts. I’d say it wasn’t that close to US05 that’s I’ve used quite a few times. Less clean and flocculant obviously.

Looking good!

So happy with this yeast. Ordered 3 packs for under £6 and then 10% on top! Absolute bargain. Brewed again today to keep some smashable beer ready to go whilst I try other things out

Attachments

• 8A59B627-5BE3-43A2-A0E7-543CABAF55B5.jpeg
    8A59B627-5BE3-43A2-A0E7-543CABAF55B5.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 290
Did another brew over the weekend with this yeast and last night I had a blow out. And a big blow out. The entire airlock popped out and basically half the dry hop ended up all over the sides of the carboy

It's been fermenting all night as what is effectively an open fermentation. Hopefully it's not ruined.

I can absolutely recommend the Hell lager yeast from the Beirm range. Brewed a heavily-hopped Pilsner with it and it came out beautifully. Attenuated nicely and produced soft fruity esters with a touch of pepper. Absolutely ideal for the style.

Bottled and brewed again with it (3rd time now) because I'm so impressed with it. Messing around with different hops and keeping the malt bill simple (pale + carapils) to see how different hops come out. For the price it's a truly excellent yeast!

They are the two I'm really keen on giving a go. Let us know how they turn out!
I put an order in for haze, Irish/Scottish ale yeast and the kiwi yeast. Any body tried the last two

I have the kiwi yeast but I've not had the chance yet. If you use it let me know how it goes. What are you expect from it? I'm expecting quite a clean yeast similar to us-05.

Interested in this new range as although I've used loads from CML the only issue was flocculation. My last few brews I've gone back to Gervin and 05...

Interested in this new range as although I've used loads from CML the only issue was flocculation. My last few brews I've gone back to Gervin and 05...

The new lager yeast "Hell" is excellent.

Thanks everyone for contributing to the thread. I wonder if there's a way to change the title to just the new CML Beirm yeasts so everyone can comment about all the different strains. I'm going to try the Pia Kiwi pale ale yeast next I think.

Just tried my second batch with the haze yeast, a Simcoe Maris Otter Smash. Super juicy and hazy.

Attachments

• IMG_20190625_213940.jpg
    IMG_20190625_213940.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 287
Back