New Fermenter Fridge - Currys

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know which surfaces the coolant pipes run through on the cul55w20? Drill at the ready in anticipation šŸ˜€ā€¦ otherwise through the drainage hole I go

As a general rule, if the fridge doesnā€™t have the ā€œcageā€ on the back like the one below then itā€™s likely the cables run through the sides of it.
Either way, if it is possible to use the drain hole, even if you have to drill it out a bit bigger, Iā€™d use that.

E28CD769-CBBD-4D9B-A319-67E097440BC1.png

A bit late here, but one of the places you can guarantee no wires or tubes is on the front face of the compressor hump inside the fridge. This can be exposed through the insulation to one side of the compressor underneath, and either drilled through from that side, or using a bradawl to identify the point and drill from the other side. I used this on my kegerator to bring in the CO2 supply from the cylinder outside: Another Kegerator build

I managed to find 2 second hand fridges on face book , after a very long search, one a Ā£35 and Ā£30.00, one for fermenting holds a 23l FV easily and the other for maturing set at 12 degree Celsius, as i only brew bitter and pale ales which usually end up in the overflow fridge.

Latest posts

Back