New forum teething problems..

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Ben034

Regular.
Reaction score
I'm logged out after every session (android - chrome) even when I mark the box "stay logged in." Anyone else?

kelper

Old Salt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am watching "The Coronavirus Thread" but not getting alerts for it; my last alert for it was 10.35 yesterday. I do get alerts for another thread. Win10 Chrome.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
Update -

All videos in post 1 are now playing in both Chrome and Opera but not in new Edge with chromium. (on my PC)

johncrobinson

Landlord.
Reaction score
Have to log in everytime,Using Win 10 + Firefox.

No other problems found so far.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
Have to log in everytime,Using Win 10 + Firefox.

No other problems found so far.
I think for most who had problems deleting all browser history (not passwords) and then removing any bookmark links to the old site did the trick.

If anyone finds they cannot fix the log in problem try lastpass until a solution is found, ive used it for a few years and it really is a godsend -

17.8 Million
People Trust LastPass

Angie

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
Your Content:

1584978237801.png

1584978281066.png

Also, you can bookmark a post or a thread that you like and then go to bookmarks

1584978804324.png

And see them.
To bookmark a post or thread look for this.

1584978851851.png

Click on that and give it a try. You'll be able to give a bit of information before saving.

1584978906741.png

So those are some ways to find the content you save.

PhilBrew

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi

I've not seen this mentioned on the thread before ... but the forum appears to be loading slightly differently every other time I open it (from a favorite(sic)/bookmark) ... first it'll look like this ...
HBF1.jpg

with no "Latest Posts" sidebar down the side ... and then if I do a refresh/reload, it'll pick that sidebar up and show it ...
HBF2.jpg

... those screenshots are from Microsoft Edge (Settings tells me its version "42.17134.1098.0"), on Win10 ... but I've seen this on Chrome on an Android phone and tablet, too :?: ... it's like it's toggling between phone and desktop version each time

Cheers, PhilB

Angie

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
@PhilBrew, if you are using the old saved link you may be getting the difference, and when refresh you are getting the old. One of them has the right side bar turned off from your preferences.
Get this new version of the forum, and replace your old saved link. In time the old saved link will be overwritten by the software.

Angie

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
Any chance we could get the Latest Posts on the Watched threads page?
Try bookmarking the threads/posts you like. Then when you want to see just them click on your name on the upper right and see the bookmarked items.

You can also click on New Posts on the top bar and get a selection to decide how you want to see the forum.

1585156740514.png

Brewista

Reaction score
I'm still having to log in everytime I visit on my Android phone and PC. Is there a fix for this that I've missed?

Thanks in advance.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Administrator
Reaction score
could members post what they are using to view the site and on which browser every time they post even if they have done so earlier in the thread as it saves the tecs time.

I am not seeing this on android with Opera but am on the desktop with Windows 10 and Chrome.

I use lastpass on the desktop well worth a look.

Brewista

Reaction score
could members post what they are using to view the site and on which browser every time they post even if they have done so earlier in the thread as it saves the tecs time.

I am not seeing this on android with Opera but am on the desktop with Windows 10 and Chrome.

I use lastpass on the desktop well worth a look.
Hi Chippy_Tea,

I use Chrome on both devices.

I also use Lastpass but perhaps it isn't set up for THBF. Chrome auto signs me in to most things now though which had made Lastpass redundant in a lot of cases.

I'll check my settings on both in light of this problem.

Brewista.

Clint

Hammered.....
Reaction score
On Android,I get kicked off if I leave the site for a few hours. Also on logging in I get asked for push notifications..

Latest posts

Group Builder