New Graham Wheeler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MEB said:
Aleman said:
And I bet none of the recipes have actually been brewed! . . . Mr W has simply taken published info from the breweries run it though his 'Beer Engine' recipe program and published the results. He has raised the efficiency used in the calculations as people used to get stronger worts in his earlier books, and increased utilisation as people complained that the recipes ended up too bitter.

I will treat with caution and run each of the recipes though my own choice of program to get what I think is right for my system rather than follow blindly . . . although from experience following blindly does produce good results

Nothing new there then with GW and his recipe's. :roll:

Following blindly is not something i'm over keen on. Especially when GW quotes a lot of stuff that isn't actually correct or is irrelevant. IMO and a few others :whistle:

20 odd years ago when I was learning this hobby I found the old book(s) a great source of recipes and information. For this I am greatful to GW and no other book really cut the mustard (IMO). I recently brewed one that I recalled had turned out very well. Unfortunately it was overly bitter and not a patch on the original it was trying to clone.

I think there are a lot of people who will benefit from GW's clear writing (whether or not I agree with his methods :D ) I'm just not one of them :whistle:

/Phil.

Latest posts

Back