New IPA kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyGT

Reaction score
Hi All.
I've just purchased an MYO brew from The Range £14.99.
Had anyone tried this and what was the final result like.
Cheers

Not made it but I very well may put it on the list at that price!!
athumb..

PS
It’s no accident that one of the Reviewers went for a much longer time! Personally, I would go for the 2+2+2 method!

Last edited:
Hiya Andy,

I’ve not long done my MYO IPA kit. It’s been in the bottle for about 7 or 8 weeks now, and I’ll probably be sampling a few this weekend. I had intended to try it before now, but I’ve had sciatica for the past 6 weeks, and because I was on painkillers, they don’t really mix with alcohol, but I’m better now and not on the painkillers, so I’m looking forward to tasting a few!!

I have to say that it was very easy to brew and it both looked and smelled lovely when I bottled it. If I remember correctly, it came out around 5.5%.

I‘ll report back (-:

Hi All.
I've just purchased an MYO brew from The Range £14.99.
Had anyone tried this and what was the final result like.
Cheers

I did this one back in January brewed as per instructions and bottled its a very nice drop first few bottles were very hoppy but as it matures the taste mellows out nicely down to my last few bottles now and they are really nice would definitely do this one again

I made it and it was awful. On the other hand the stout kit is good.

My drinking buddy and fellow home-brewer has made it a couple of times and he quite likes it. Not done it myself so can't comment personally.
Just goes to show, one man's (or woman's) meat is another man's (or woman's) poison

Cheers Tom

Last edited:
Hiya Andy,

I’ve not long done my MYO IPA kit. It’s been in the bottle for about 7 or 8 weeks now, and I’ll probably be sampling a few this weekend. I had intended to try it before now, but I’ve had sciatica for the past 6 weeks, and because I was on painkillers, they don’t really mix with alcohol, but I’m better now and not on the painkillers, so I’m looking forward to tasting a few!!

I have to say that it was very easy to brew and it both looked and smelled lovely when I bottled it. If I remember correctly, it came out around 5.5%.

I‘ll report back (-:
Sounds great enjoy your tipple.
I'll be keging mine I'll see how that goes and keep all informed.

Ive just tried a bottle and it’s not half bad. I think it may benefit frim another week in the bottle, but I’m not going to split hairs over it. I’ve also just tried a bottle of my MJ pink grapefruit IPA, which was done about a month before the Range kit, and that is just flipping lovely. Happy days (-:

Sounds great enjoy your tipple.
I'll be keging mine I'll see how that goes and keep all informed.

Ive just tried a bottle and it’s not half bad. I think it may benefit frim another week in the bottle, but I’m not going to split hairs over it. I’ve also just tried a bottle of my MJ pink grapefruit IPA, which was done about a month before the Range kit, and that is just flipping lovely. Happy days (-:
I'll look for the pink grapefruit IPA sounds nice

I’ve opened a new Thread in Wine Brewing, but this Thread is the reason that I even know about it!

MYO (via The Range) are offering a Red Wine kit that delivers 30 x 75cl bottles of wine at an ABV of 11% for +/-£25.

Has anyone brewed this and if so what is the verdict?

It’s almost worth tying up a couple of 10 lire kegs if it will keep under 5psi CO2 pressure for a few months!
athumb..

I‘ve left mine a little longer than a week, and the taste is really nice, with almost a nuttiness to the flavour. The only problem is that my other half has declared she likes the taste of it. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to hide 38 bottles of home brew (besides drinking them!)

Attachments

• A3B091C7-4305-49FB-86C6-38DE8665D07E.jpeg
    A3B091C7-4305-49FB-86C6-38DE8665D07E.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 10
I don't know what yeast comes with the MYO American IPA, but I brewed it up 46 hours ago and it has torn through it, the ambient temp is approx 3/4°c cooler than the ferm temp so that's some busy yeast.... Never had a ferm that fast not even with ec-1118.
Screenshot_20220831-190759.png

Now I'm a little unsure when to dry hop it as it's gone so quick, I'm going to rack a gallon off for a mixed ferm experiment then dry hop the rest.... It says to hop it 7 days in, but as you can see it's nearly finished, how much longer should I wait do you think?
All smells & tastes were promising so should be a goodun in a month or so.

Back