New Kettle Advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich1985

Reaction score
Hi All,

Myself and my brewing friend are looking to upgrade our kettle. We currently have a 19L pan and mash in an ACE mash tun. We are looking to buy a 30L pan with a tap on the bottom. We are willing to spend up to £100 and want to get the best we can for the money. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Hi All,

Myself and my brewing friend are looking to upgrade our kettle. We currently have a 19L pan and mash in an ACE mash tun. We are looking to buy a 30L pan with a tap on the bottom. We are willing to spend up to £100 and want to get the best we can for the money. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks
How are you heating your kettle? Are you using a gas burner or do you need a kettle that you can fit an electric element to?

If you are looking at electric options then I can thoroughly recommend a 30L Burco tea urn. You will need to fit a replacement tap but that's not hard. Mine has been super reliable for 3 years now.

Was planning on going with Gas actually. We've got an ACE Mash tun which is essentially a tea urn but wanted to keep that as the mash tun rather than move over to using that.
Wilfy have you got that pot? Is it any good?

Was planning on going with Gas actually. We've got an ACE Mash tun which is essentially a tea urn but wanted to keep that as the mash tun rather than move over to using that.
Wilfy have you got that pot? Is it any good?
I have the 56L electric version and it’s a great kettle.

Back