New kid on the block

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delidroid

Reaction score
Hello.
I’m a new kid on the Block here.
I used to brew my own years ago and gave up because the Beer I made was ****. Now what with the Pubs shut I bought some gear from Wilco’s (I live in Kent.UK) I made a Woodfordes Wherry. Barrelled it. Left it for 24 Days.

I tried my First Pint last night. I was reminded why I gave up the First time. It tastes like a Kit and leaves a biter aftertaste in my Throat. I will leave it for a couple more weeks and attempt to swallow it.

Welcome to the forum thumb

I am surprised the wherry tastes bad as its a popular kit with members.

Welcome Delidroid. What sort of stuff do you normally drink in the pub?
Maybe you don't like Wherry or maybe you're repeating the same things you did years ago that put you off home brewing in the first place. Why not give us a step by step account of your Wherry making including details of sanitation and temperatures.

Wherry is the reason I’m so interested in home brewing today, and it definitely isn’t indrinkably bitter.

From my experience, oxidation can cause beer to go very bitter (and dark but as Wherry is an amber colour anyway it’ll be less obvious) very quickly. Can you talk us through your process are by step (in particular how are you transferring from your FV to your pressure barrel?)

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Don't be dismayed by your brewing efforts as there are a few avid brewers waiting in the wings to help you out.
I have one pressure barrel and have used it twice and the second was better as it was a Stout but keeping pressure was a pain. Still have it but made a modification so I can carb it directly from a cO2 tank.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back