New kit - Mangrove Jacks Single Hopped Sabro IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostShip

Reaction score
Mangrove Jacks certainly like to keep refreshing their range and I really like the sound of this one, which is out tomorrow (4th May).

Mangrove Jacks Single Hopped Sabro IPA
An IPA with the distinctive Sabro hop aroma of citrus-tropical fruits, coconut notes, and hints of cedarwood. ABV Approx: 5.6%. Dry Hops: Sabro 50g. Yeast: M44 US West Coast 10g. Bitterness: 4/5. IBU: 48-56.
Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 13.37.23.png

Mangrove Jacks certainly like to keep refreshing their range and I really like the sound of this one, which is out tomorrow (4th May).

An IPA with the distinctive Sabro hop aroma of citrus-tropical fruits, coconut notes, and hints of cedarwood. ABV Approx: 5.6%. Dry Hops: Sabro 50g. Yeast: M44 US West Coast 10g. Bitterness: 4/5. IBU: 48-56.
View attachment 67764
Important is “How much?”

Any idea?
:hat:

Ah, but don't forget the extra fermentables needed, usually 1.2 Kg of their LME for best results.
Saw the “packed in a two part pouch” and assumed that, like St Peter’s Ruby Red Ale, it came with everything needed!

It needs to be good if you have to lash out on extras as the Ruby Red is only £19.99 and very drinkable!

Saw the “packed in a two part pouch” and assumed that, like St Peter’s Ruby Red Ale, it came with everything needed!

It needs to be good if you have to lash out on extras as the Ruby Red is only £19.99 and very drinkable!

All Mangrove Jacks' pouches need a fermentable added, so unless you use plain sugar (which I won't), it'll be around £25. I really don't mind that given the quality of the kits - their Juicy Session IPA, Pink Grapefruit IPA and Citra IPA are all outstanding.

All Mangrove Jacks' pouches need a fermentable added, so unless you use plain sugar (which I won't), it'll be around £25. I really don't mind that given the quality of the kits - their Juicy Session IPA, Pink Grapefruit IPA and Citra IPA are all outstanding.

Second that, I love their Grapefruit IPA. I've my 3rd batch of it readying itself in the garage. looking forward to tasting it again :beer1:

View attachment 67764
I'm new to the forum and this is my 1st post. Been brewing 3 years mainly extract kits (pimped a few up) and pm's. I got this pouch from dark rock but decided to go with 1.5kg muntons light malt extract. Today I'll be adding the dry hop addition. Took a extra day to get down the gravity to add the hops but all seems to be going well. Aim is to keg 5l into the mini keg and bottle the rest once its finished fermentation. Will keep yous posted on the progress.

I'm new to the forum and this is my 1st post. Been brewing 3 years mainly extract kits (pimped a few up) and pm's. I got this pouch from dark rock but decided to go with 1.5kg muntons light malt extract. Today I'll be adding the dry hop addition. Took a extra day to get down the gravity to add the hops but all seems to be going well. Aim is to keg 5l into the mini keg and bottle the rest once its finished fermentation. Will keep yous posted on the progress.
Great stuff - I'll look forward to your review as I've not seen any mention of this kit on any of the online review channels. Hope it's a winner!

Great stuff - I'll look forward to your review as I've not seen any mention of this kit on any of the online review channels. Hope it's a winner!
I kegged this Tuesday and bottled the rest. Well tonight after a long shift thought as it's been forced carbed in the keg I dived right in. Well I used the muntons 1.5kg light malt as the additive and it does have that malt (smooth malty) taste. The hop aroma is there. Very bitter, the hops bite as it goes down after a glug. The head comes out white smooth and creamy. Its a winner and don't worry if it looks hazy. Not sure if it is supposed to be but it's not something you should be concerned with. If I was to make this again. I'd probably add 20g citra along with the 50g sabro as they pair well and compare vs this initial brew. But all in all I can't complain. I did 21 not 23L came out 6.04% abv. Nice bitter drink with fruit notes after taste smooth mouthfeel. Can't wait to compare it to the ones I've got bottle conditioned once there good to go. Hope this review helps.

Cheers.

ahh, the two part pouch had hops and instructions in one of the parts as I recall.

Has anyone actually made the Sabro MJ kit yet? It was a toss up between that and the Cellar Supplies Funky Bow Wow Wow, bow wow won.

I added a phile of hop enhancer, along with some lemon fruit tea, and fresh cascade hops.

Mangrove Jack is next, I have some citra pellets to add as well as some more cascade.

Back