New Liquid Yeast - Fermentum Mobile - 20% off

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Page no longer seems to work? Got a bit of confidence up washing yeasts from previous batches and wanted to get a few liquids soon :)

It might be because they lowered the price from £6 to £5 for most of those polish yeasts so the link doesnt take you to the exact same page (or something :-? You can tell I know loads about web site design cant you :lol:)

It might be because they lowered the price from �£6 to �£5 for most of those polish yeasts so the link doesnt take you to the exact same page (or something :-? You can tell I know loads about web site design cant you :lol:)

Is their Irish yeast the same as WLP004 do you think? Such an excellent yeast for Stout.

Is their Irish yeast the same as WLP004 do you think? Such an excellent yeast for Stout.

Who knows. WLP004 is supposed to be the Guinness strain. Where white labs got the Guinness strain from I have no idea but iirc a long time ago Guinness used to be bottle conditioned so that's one way they may have go hold of it. Where this Polish yeast lab got their irish yeast from I dont know. There's only one way to find out if it's the same/similar although Geterbrewed are doing a giveaway on those yeasts. Have you got your hat in the ring for that one?

Who knows. WLP004 is supposed to be the Guinness strain. Where white labs got the Guinness strain from I have no idea but iirc a long time ago Guinness used to be bottle conditioned so that's one way they may have go hold of it. Where this Polish yeast lab got their irish yeast from I dont know. There's only one way to find out if it's the same/similar although Geterbrewed are doing a giveaway on those yeasts. Have you got your hat in the ring for that one?

Ah that's interesting about where it came from. I did nod my head to them in this thread and would love to know how other people compare them. Only been getting into wyeast and white labs this year though and the good thing is there is so much info about them already and recipes.

Only been getting into wyeast and white labs this year though and the good thing is there is so much info about them already and recipes.

And that's why I think GEB have dropped the price from £6 to £5 and are giving away freebies in return for reviews. Why would you buy a product from an unknown yeast lab, for the same price as an established and extremely well known one with all that info out there on the well know yeast labs products too.

And that's why I think GEB have dropped the price from �£6 to �£5 and are giving away freebies in return for reviews. Why would you buy a product from an unknown yeast lab, for the same price as an established and extremely well known one with all that info out there on the well know yeast labs products too.

That sums it up well. Lots more info on new hop varieties available than this.

Add a note in your next order with your forum name so we can monitor who receives what yeast to review

Thanks

Jonathan

Hmm not what you originally posted. I will more than happy review the yeast I posted about but I have all the grain and hops from you for the order so don't actually need to order anything. You can post me the yeast and I will review.

Hmm not what you originally posted. I will more than happy review the yeast I posted about but I have all the grain and hops from you for the order so don't actually need to order anything. You can post me the yeast and I will review.

Not sure what you mean about original post? We are asking that people include it in their next order to keep costs down re postage, we are covering the cost of the yeast and giving them away free, we'd like some feedback on a new brand

I've asked the owner of Fermentum to provide a substitution table also so its easy to identify possible substitutes to wyeast and whitelabs

All the GEB promotions I've encountered work in the way they have set out. To get the freebie you have to order stuff from them. I have no problem with that, especially as they are my go to shop anyway.

@get_er_brew I won't be ordering now until after Christmas - is this too late?

All the GEB promotions I've encountered work in the way they have set out. To get the freebie you have to order stuff from them. I have no problem with that, especially as they are my go to shop anyway.

@get_er_brew I won't be ordering now until after Christmas - is this too late?

Their mine too (becuase of their custom grain kits and 250g amounts of grain). I'm going to do my order the just after xmas too so I may request a free sample of one of these yeast (in return for a review of course)

@Get_er_brew how long is this offer on for? how many yeasts are we allowed to select? If I could review more than one then it would be more worthwhile me doing another order.

When are the last order dates for pre-Christmas delivery? May not get to brew until after though - would that be a problem?

Christmas Opening Hours
Deliveries for UK, Last dispatch date to receive pre Christmas is Wednesday 21st of December
Deliveries to NI & ROI, last dispatch date to receive pre Christmas is Thursday the 22nd of December
Geterbrewed will Close from 23rd of December 2016 to 4th of January 2017, we will dispatch all orders received during this time on the 4th of January, this allows our staff to enjoy Christmas with their families
Hillstown Farmshop will be open for collections, they are closed Christmas Day & Boxing Day
We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and we thankyou for your support!!

No issue with review being after

@Get_er_brew how long is this offer on for? how many yeasts are we allowed to select? If I could review more than one then it would be more worthwhile me doing another order.

I'm happy for you to review as many as you like, we will run it to get some feedback and assess as we

FM10 - 1275 Thames Valley Ale
FM11 - 1469 West Yorkshire Ale
FM12 - 1728 Scottish Ale
FM13 - 1084 Irish Ale
FM20 - 3944 Belgian Witbier
FM21 - 3724 Belgian Saison
FM25 - 1214 Belgian Abbey
FM26 - 3522 Belgian Ardennes
FM27 - 3787 Trappist High Gravity
FM28 - 1762 Belgian Abbey II
FM30 - 2278 Czech Pils
FM31 - 2308 Munich Lager
FM41 - 3068 Weihenstephan Weizen
FM42 - 1007 German Ale
FM50 - 1010 American Wheat
FM51 - No reference
FM52 - 1056 American Ale
FM53 - No reference

These new polish yeasts have been launched into the UK by ourselves we are keen to receive feedback on how homebrewers rate them, in order to receive online reviews we are offering free samples to forum members, if your interested add a comment in the checkout notes with your next order

Fermentum Mobile Vials.jpg

I'm happy for you to review as many as you like, we will run it to get some feedback and assess as we

That's good news, I have a huge stock of grain and hops from you just need to add some yeast but think I will get some more supplies in. Since switching to you as my main supplier for grain my efficiency as shot up - hence the reviews I left recently. I notice below you have indicated what yeast is what but this doesn't match with the titles on the site. Once I know what is what I will put another order together.

Merry Christmas to all at geterbrew

Latest posts

Back